Disney Plus is a streaming service that offers users access to movies, TV shows, and other content from the Disney library. The service launched in November 2019, and one of its key selling points is its availability in high-definition resolution. As a result, most of these films and television shows are now available in 4K, the best possible video resolution.
However, it has recently come to light that Disney Plus is not streaming its true or native high-definition resolution content. So, unfortunately, users are not getting the full benefits of having a high-definition television set.
Why is Disney Plus Not Streaming 4K?
There are a few reasons why Disney Plus is not streaming in Ultra HD. Such as:
- The majority of people do not have a TV that supports Ultra HD
- Disney Plus is still in its early stages and is working out some kinks
- Ultra HD content takes up a lot of bandwidth, so it’s not yet feasible for everyone to stream in that resolution.
- Most importantly, Disney wants to make sure that everyone has a great streaming experience, including those who don’t have the latest TV.
How to Solve Disney Plus Not Streaming 4K Issue
There are a few ways to solve the issue of Disney Plus not streaming in HD. The first step is to make sure that your device meets all of the requirements for streaming in HD.
Your device needs to have:
- A high-speed internet connection with at least 25 Mbps download speed
- A screen resolution is higher than 1080p
- The most recent version of the Disney Plus app
If your device meets all of those requirements and you are still not able to stream in HD, try the following solutions:
- Restart your device
- Update the Disney Plus app
- Check your internet connection
- Contact your internet service provider (ISP)
How Can I Use 4K on Disney Plus?
Disney Plus is a great way to watch your favorite movies and TV shows in glorious Ultra HD. But, before you can start streaming in this resolution, you need to make sure your hardware is capable.
Fortunately, you won’t have to because if your hardware can play 4K Ultra HD and the film or television series is accessible in 4K, Disney Plus will automatically start streaming in the best resolution possible.
But if you’re having trouble with your Disney Plus settings or want to save on data usage, there are a few ways you can manually adjust your video playback:
- Under the ‘Profile‘ tab in the Disney Plus app, select ‘App Settings‘.
- Under ‘Video Playback‘, select ‘Mobile Data Usage‘.
- You can choose between the ‘Automatic (best video available)’ or ‘Save Data‘ options.
- The ‘Stream over Wi-Fi only‘ toggle can also be found under ‘Video Playback‘.
- Under the ‘Downloads’ tab, you can alter ‘Video quality‘ for downloaded TV episodes and movies.
- The highest quality will be ‘High‘, the medium option is ‘Medium‘, and the standard quality is ‘Standard‘.
More than 100 Disney Plus 4K titles exist, but no comprehensive list exists. Click on the title and look under the “Details” section to see whether your favorites can be played in this format. If it does, there should be a label that says “4K Ultra HD,” along with other compatible viewing and audio choices such as HDR (High Dynamic Range) and Dolby Atmos.
At last, Disney Plus notes that your HDMI cables must support high-bandwidth digital content. In addition, external displays must support HDCP 2.2 (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) to view Disney Plus content in Ultra HD.
What Devices Can You Use to Watch Disney Plus in 4K?
Disney Plus offers the best viewing experience on devices that support streaming in 4K. The following devices are capable of streaming Disney Plus in 4K:
- Android TV
- Amazon Fire TV 4K
- Google Chromecast Ultra
- Apple TV 4K
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung smart TVs
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox Series X & S
- Roku Premiere, Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Ultra
It’s significant that, at the time of this writing, Disney+ does not support streaming on Nintendo consoles such as the Nintendo Switch. However, the devices from Nintendo are compatible with a variety of streaming services, including Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and Netflix.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Do I Know If Disney Plus Is Streaming in 4k?
Why Is Disney Plus Not Streaming in 4k on My Ps5?
Why Is Disney Plus Not Streaming in 4k on My Firestick?
Why Is Disney Plus Not Streaming in 4k on My Xbox One?
To watch Disney Plus, you’ll also need high-bandwidth HDMI cables and HDCP 2.2-enabled external displays (for 4K streaming) to ensure a smooth experience with Disney plus.
This is all you need to know about Disney Plus not streaming in 4K. The service offers support for the higher resolution, but only on select devices and selected film or TV series titles. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Disney Plus experience, make sure your device is one of those that can take advantage of it.