When Disney plus blocks screen mirroring it’s usually due to a fault with either your mobile or computer wanting to connect. Some of the issues include a lousy internet connection, outdated software and anti-virus issues.
Let’s help you to explore the large library of Disney, Marvel, Pixar and National Geographic shows!
Why Does Disney Plus Block Screen Mirroring?
The 7 main reasons for Disney Plus blocking screen mirroring includes:
- Users not connecting the screen mirroring function properly
- The Disney Plus app needs reinstalling
- Signing into old subscriptions
- The mobile or computer is outdated
- Devices require a reboot
- Internet speed is low
- An anti-virus application is running in the background.
What Is Screen Mirroring?
All recent computers and mobile phones devices have wireless screen mirroring functionalities that allow users to watch their all-time favourite programmes and movies on a larger scale.
How to Stop Disney Plus Blocking Screen Mirroring?
However, Disney Plus blocking screen mirroring regularly occurs, preventing users from using the function. The cause can be due to various reasons.
Keep reading for useful tips for helping you screen mirror your device to your smart television.
Screen Mirroring Mobile to Television
Mobile devices struggle with screen mirroring for various reasons. Whether you own an Android or an iPhone, it’s essential to ensure you screen mirror your device properly.
Screen Mirror Your Android
If you are a member of the Android club, here’s how to screen mirror your Android device:
- Swipe the top of your screen down to access the Quick Settings panel
- Click on the button that says Cast
- Toggle the Screen Cast button and see if your Smart TV shows on the list
- Tap on your TV name shown on the list and begin mirroring your favourite film.
Screen Mirror Your iPhone
However, if you are a member of Apple, follow these steps for successfully screen mirroring your iPhone (or iPad):
- Connect your iPhone (or iPad) and smart television to the same Wi-Fi network
- Swipe down from the upper right corner and press Control Center
- Click on Screen Mirroring
- Pick the name of your television if it shows on the list.
Reinstall Disney Plus
If you have followed the above advise to ensure you are screen mirroring ‘properly’, yet it’s still not working, try reinstalling your Disney Plus App.
To reinstall the Disney Plus App on your mobile go to:
- Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All > Disney +
- Tap Uninstall
- Turn the device on and off
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for Disney +
- Press the Reinstall button
- Log back in with your username and password.
Create a New Subscription
If still no success, cancel your subscription and create a new one – it’s simple!
Follow these steps:
- Depending on your device, go to the Apple App Sore or Google Play Store
- Search Disney + app and download it
- Open the Disney + app
- Select Sign Up
- Enter your email address
- Enter a password
- Choose your favourite subscription type
- Purchase the subscription by entering your bank details.
Check Mobile Updates
However, If Disney Plus blocking screen mirroring is still a concern, check your phone for any new updates before installing them. Click Settings App > Software Updates > Check for Updates.
Once your phone has successfully updated, turn your phone on and off before attempting to screen mirror your favourite programme to watch.
Screen Mirroring from Computer to Television
If you are not wanting to screen mirror from your mobile device and, instead, want to screen mirror from your computer, here’s some similar, yet different, advice:
Update Your Windows Software
A common cause for Disney Plus blocking screen mirroring can be due to your computer software being outdated.
Here’s how to update your software if you have a Windows computer:
- Open Windows update
- Click the start button in the lower-left corner
- Type X in the search box
- Type update
- Click Check for Updates or Windows Update
- Wait for Windows to install the updates.
Update Your Apple Software
If you have an Apple device, updating it requires different steps.
Here’s how to update your Apple computer:
- Click the Apple menu in the corner of your screen
- Choose System Preferences in the System Preferences window
- Click Software Update
- Click Update Now or Upgrade Now
- Wait for your Apple device to install the updates.
Reboot Your Computer
Once installing your security update, you may be prompted to restart your computer.
Rebooting your computer is a simple process. All you need to do is hold down your computer’s power button for five seconds, until your computer switches off and wait at least thirty seconds before pressing the power button on to reboot it.
Check Your Internet Speed
If the computer continues struggling to mirror movies, your computer most likely doesn’t have the minimum speed of 25 Mbps required for screen mirroring.
So, use an internet tool for testing internet speed to help resolve the issue. We recommend Fast.com.
Disable the Antivirus Programme
In rare cases, screen mirror issues can occur over antivirus programmes running in the background. So, disable your antivirus features and uninstall them if need be.
Uninstall Antivirus on Windows
Here’s how to uninstall your antivirus programme on Windows:
- Select start and type Windows Security in the search bar
- Select the Windows Security app
- Go to Virus & Threat Protection
- Click Settings before clicking Manage Settings
- Switch off Real-Time Protection.
Uninstall Anti-Virus on Apple
If you have an Apple computer, abide by these guidelines:
- Access the system tray or task bar
- Right click the anti-virus programme
- Click Turn Off Protection.
The reasons for Disney Plus blocking screen mirroring can be for various reasons. By testing out the above solutions, you should be able to kick back and watch your favourite movies and shows in no time.
However, if the issue persists, contact Disney Plus help services.