Is there a flashing blue light on your Verizon router that you can’t fix? The blue light is often accompanied by a bad connection, which can be frustrating if you’re watching a film or need seamless connectivity for whatever reason.
A flashing blue light on a Verizon router means that the router is trying to connect to another device, and if it continues blinking, the connection has failed due to inadequate signal strength. You can usually fix this issue by restarting the router, or checking if there is an issue locally with other Verizon users and reporting it to Verizon.
Here are some quick tips to try if your Verizon router has a flashing blue light to get your connection working as quickly as possible for you.
Restart Your Router
Restarting your Verizon router is one option you can try to get your router working correctly again. Restarting the router seems to do a hard reset which fixes any glitches or connection issues.
To restart your router, follow the below steps:
- Firstly check all cables are correctly plugged in
- Restart the device by holding down the unified button located on the front of the router.
- If the blue light continues to flash once the router has restarted, try unplugging it completely and removing all ethernet cables.
- Reconnect all cables and plug the router back in to restart.
- Wait until the light on the front of the router turns green.
If a quick restart on your router hasn’t solved the blue flashing light, you may need to try a factory reset. It’s important to try restarting the router first as a factory reset will wipe any existing network settings from the device.
To carry out a factory reset, follow the below instructions:
- Hold and press the reset button on the back of the router for at least 15 seconds using a small object such as a paperclip.
- Give the router some time to power down completely and then restart the router.
- Providing the blue light has stopped flashing and the light on the front of the router has turned green, you can now reconfigure your network settings.
Check if There Are Local Verizon Signal Issues
If your router still won’t work after restarting and trying a factory reset, there could be an issue with Verizon signal locally affecting many users in your area.
You can check to see if there is a Verizon outage via their website here. You can also report any issues to Verizon via their website so that they know if outage issues are being regularly found in similar areas.
We hope these quick tips have helped with stopping the Verizon flashing blue light. If you’re still having problems, we recommend reaching out to Verizon directly here to see if one of their technicians can be of help to you.