Are you wondering why Pinterest won’t let me download images? Are you experiencing the issue on your computer web browser and the Pinterest app for Android and iOS devices? Don’t worry; we will show you how to download the images and troubleshoot the image-saving issues on your device.
Pinterest is an image and video sharing service where users can find ideas that can spark inspiration. Pinterest Pins are bookmarks that users use to search and save content. Furthermore, users can create Pins from the images and then make a board if they want a more organized structure.
Users can download the other images on other users’ Pinterest Pins. However, quite a few PC, Android, and iOS users find it difficult to do so. They may not be using the correct method to download images, or maybe something is wrong with the Pinterest service or the device. We’ll address all these possibilities in this guide.
Is it safe to download images from Pinterest?
Like other social media websites, Pinterest is safe. You can download the Pin as an image without worrying about a virus attacking personal details on your device or someone having your Pinterest account. The only concern for you is scams from other users.
How do I download an image from Pinterest?
If you can’t download images from Pinterest, you might be doing something wrong. Ensure that you are doing the following steps to save a Pinterest image on your device’s camera roll.
Choose the image you want to save on a computer and click on the three dots next to it. Next, click on the Download image button to save it on your computer.
If you’re using the Pinterest app on an Android or iOS device, you need to tap on the Pin and tap the three dots at the top right side of the screen. Next, tap on the download button to save the image on your camera roll.
To download a Pinterest image directly from your home feed on your computer, Android, or iOS device, click or tap on the three dots at the bottom of the image and select the Download image option.
How do I fix Pinterest images not downloading?
Some users are using the correct way to download Pinterest images. However, the photos won’t show up on their devices. If you are one of these users, try the following troubleshooting steps to fix the issue on your end.
Check server status
Pinterest social service can be down due to maintenance or a technical error. In this case, you may not be able to download a Pin until the service is up and running again. Therefore, before trying out any troubleshooting steps, check the status of the Pinterest service and follow their Twitter page for updates on the outage.
Restart your device
If the Pinterest service is A-Okay, restarting the device may help you fix the image downloading issue. Computer users can reboot their PCs and go to the Pinterest website, while Android and iOS users can restart their mobile devices and launch the Pinterest app to get rid of the issue.
Clear Pinterest cache
Pinterest app for Android and iOS devices has a built-in cache that can grow big and cause a conflict when you download an image. However, you can clear the Pinterest cache in the following way to fix the issue.
- In the first step, launch the Pinterest app from the device’s home screen.
- Now select the “Saved” tab.
- Next, tap on the Wheel icon on the upper right side of the screen and go to the app settings.
- Tap on Privacy and Data from the menu.
- Finally, scroll down and tap on the “Clear app cache” option.
After clearing the Pinterest app cache, restart your mobile device and log in to the Pinterest app to verify that you can now download an image.
Clear browser cache
If you are using Pinterest on a computer, clearing the browser cache resolves numerous downloading issues. To do this on Chrome:
- Launch a Chrome tab and click on the three vertical dots at the upper right corner of the browser.
- Now move your mouse to the “More tools” options and select the “Clear browsing data” option from the sub-menu.
- Next, ensure that all the boxes are checked along with the time range set to all time.
- Click on the “Clear data” option below and wait for the process to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the Chrome browser, go to the Pinterest website, and log in with your credentials.
- Search for your favorite Pin and verify that you can download the image on your HDD.
Can I download batch images from Pinterest?
If you want to download batch images from Pinterest, you can do it with the Google Chrome browser on a PC. However, you need to download and install the Image Downloader chrome extension. After you’ve done that, do the following steps.
- Open the Pinterest website on the Chrome browser and select the board where your multiple images are stored.
- Now click on the Image Downloader extension on the top right side of the browser extension bar.
- Next, select all the images that you want to download or choose Select all.
- Finally, click on Download under the Image Downloader extension and click on Yes.
Why can’t I save an image on my iPhone?
Almost all iOS users could download the Pinterest images by tapping on the three dots and saving the Pin images to the camera roll. However, Pinterest has launched a new update for iOS devices, and this option is no longer available.
Now, you can either revisit the images you Pin on your Pinterest profile page or use the screenshot option on your iOS device and then save the image.
Hopefully, this guide helped you figure out how to download Pinterest images on your device and what troubleshooting steps you can do to fix the issues associated with the downloading process. We recommend that you log out and log in again to the Pinterest account after trying out each fix. Good luck!