Although WeChat is a multi-purpose messaging, social media, and mobile payment app, many users report that it has no sign up button when they want to create a new account.
If you don’t see a sign up button on WeChat, you might have installed a MOD APK version of the app on your Android phone. To fix this, reinstall the modded APK, connect your phone to a VPN, switch to the location that WeChat supports, and install its official version from the Play Store. If this problem occurs on an iPad (Wi-Fi model), then you need to link it with your existing WeChat account on your mobile phone by scanning the provided QR code on the screen.
In this article, we’ll explore why WeChat has no sign up button on the login page and provide 5 easy fixes to help you get rid of this problem.
Why can’t I sign up for a WeChat account?
If WeChat has no sign up button and you can’t create a new account, one of the following might be the reason for this issue:
- You are using a non-official version of the WeChat app.
- WeChat app cache or installation files got corrupted.
- WeChat app or device software is outdated.
- You are living in a region that does not support the use of the WeChat app.
- There are bugs in the WeChat app background processes.
- You are trying to sign up for a WeChat account on an iPad (Wi-Fi model).
How do I get back the sign up button on WeChat?
If WeChat has no sign up button on the app’s main page, here are 5 proven solutions to troubleshoot this frustrating glitch quickly.
Scan QR Code on iPad (Wi-Fi Model)
In case you’ve installed the WeChat app on an iPad (that does not support a SIM card), you won’t find the sign up button on the main interface. This is because the app is designed to link your iPad with an existing account on your mobile phone.
You can do this by scanning the QR code through your WeChat account on the phone. Here’s how:
- Open the “WeChat” app (on iPad).
- Tap “Use WeChat on my iPad.”
- WeChat will take you to a screen with a QR code.
- Open the “WeChat” app (on mobile phone).
- Tap the “+” icon or the “Discover” option.
- Tap “Scan QR Code.”
- Position your phone to the iPad screen to scan the code and link your account without going through the signup process.
NOTE: Just like iPads, it is impossible to sign up for a WeChat account on your computer. You must link it with your existing account using the app on your phone.
Update WeChat App
An outdated WeChat app may miss out on the latest changes that make it compatible with your phone. As a result, it won’t work correctly and cause the signup button to go missing.
To fix this, ensure to keep the WeChat app up-to-date with these instructions:
- Open “Play Store.”
- Tap the profile icon.
- Tap “My Apps & Games” / “Manage Apps and Devices.”
- Choose “Overview.”
- Choose “Updates Available.”
- Scroll to “WeChat.”
- Select “Update” (if this option is available).
- Open “App Store.”
- Tap your profile icon.
- Head to “Available Updates.”
- Scroll to “WeChat”
- Select “Update.”
Let the update process be complete; open WeChat and see if the sign-up button shows up now.
Install the Official Version of the WeChat App
MOD APK apps are reworked copies of the original apps that let you access premium features or avoid regional restrictions.
Therefore, if you have installed this unofficial version of the app on your Android phone, it may start acting up and cause the signup button to disappear or throw an external storage error.
The fix here is to first completely uninstall the MOD APK version of WeChat on your device and install its official version. Here’s how:
- Open Android’s “File Manager.”
- Head to the WeChat APK file (typically under the Downloads or APK folder).
- Long press the WeChat APK file.
- Select “Delete.”
- Confirm the deletion process.
- Go back to the home screen and tap & hold the WeChat icon.
- Tap “Uninstall.”
As mentioned above, you may have been using the Modded version of WeChat because of geographical restrictions.
Therefore, you need the help of a VPN on your phone to select a location (China, Hong Kong, etc) that WeChat supports and then install the official version of the app from the Play Store.
Once you do that, open WeChat, and hopefully, you’ll find the sign up button this time!
Update Phone Software
The next solution to fix this problem is to update your phone software to the latest version. Doing so will resolve any compatibility issues with the WeChat app that are causing its sign-up button to disappear. Here’s how:
- Open Android “Settings.”
- Tap “Software Update” / “System Update.”
- Choose “Download and install” or “Check for system/software updates.”
- Tap “Download Now” (if available).
- Open iPhone “Settings.”
- Select “General.”
- Choose “Software Update.”
- Select “Download and Install.”
- Enter the passcode.
- Tap “Install Now” if available.
Next, open the WeChat app, and hopefully, the problem won’t bother you this time.
Contact WeChat Support
If none of the above solutions helps and the app still won’t show the signup button, go to the WeChat Help Center website and fill out the online form to contact their support team.
Make sure to enter the complete details of the problem and select the right platform (device). Also, leave your contact information (WeChat ID or phone number and email) so the support team can reach out to you and provide a more specified solution.
In this article, we’ve explored the reasons for WeChat’s no sign up button on the login main interface and how you can swiftly fix this issue.
We hope you’ve found the information in this article helpful and can now create your new WeChat account with ease.