Has HBO Max stopped working on your Samsung smart television?
If HBO Max is not working on your Samsung smart TV, you could be experiencing issues like lagging, freezing, buffering issues, or the app simply not loading. If you’re encountering any of these issues, then the first step is to try performing a hard reset on your television.
In this article, we will share some common problems users are faced with the HBO Max app on their Samsung smart televisions, and some quick and easy troubleshooting steps you can take to get the app functioning correctly.
Why is HBO Max not working?
If the HBO Max app is not working on your Samsung smart TV, it could be due to any one of the following reasons.
- Your Samsung TV is not compatible with the HBO Max app.
- You have an unstable internet connection or facing WiFi signal issues.
- You are using the outdated version of the HBO Max app.
- Samsung smart TV software is outdated.
- Third-party apps on your Samsung TV is interfering with the HBO Max app.
How do I get HBO Max on my Samsung Smart TV?
You can download and install the HBO Max app on your Samsung smart TV in the following way.
- Launch the Smart Hub on your Samsung TV and navigate to the Apps section.
- Next, search for the HBO Max app and download it on your Samsung smart TV.
- Now open the HBO Max app and sign in with your app credentials or start a new subscription.
How do I fix HBO Max on my Samsung TV?
If you are experiencing issues while downloading or installing the HBO Max app on your Samsung smart TV, it could be caused by a lack of internet connection or WiFi signal strength.
To confirm that your Samsung TV is connected to the internet, press the Menu button on the Samsung remote and head to the Network –> Network status option. Here, you will see a dialogue box confirming if there are any internet connectivity issues.
Now let’s find out the fixes of a few other issues users face with the HBO Max app on Samsung smart TV.
Do a cold start
If you have downloaded the HBO Max app, but the Samsung smart TV won’t install the app, try completing a cold start in the following way.
- Grab the Samsung smart TV remote control and hold down the Power button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, your TV will turn off and turn on by itself.
- Next, go to the Apps section and click on the HBO Max app to see if the application installs on the Samsung TV.
Restart your router
Quite a few users report that they can download and install the HBO Max app but can not load it on their Samsung TV. The app freezes at the time of loading and does nothing else. The cause of the problem primarily lies with the internet speed.
To fix the internet issue, run a quick speed test. If the speed test is satisfactory, unplug your router/modem from the primary power source and plug it back in after 60 seconds. Next, turn on the router and wait a few more minutes so that it can establish a connection with your Samsung TV. Now try to load the HBO Max app.
If the issue persists, contact your internet service problem to rectify any network bugs and bring the speed back to the acceptable range.
Check HBO Max app compatibility issue
Users often search for the HBO Max app on their Samsung TV app section, but nothing appears on the search results.
If you have a Samsung smart TV model older than 2016, it is not compatible with the HBO Max app. You may need to buy a newer model or get a streaming device that you can plug into the HDMI port and enjoy the HBO content on your older Samsung TV.
Update TV software
Many users who have 2016 or newer Samsung TV models face numerous issues with the HBO Max app. Although the TV supports the app, you may need to update the TV software for proper functionality. To do this, use your Samsung remote to go to Settings, then select Support –> Software Update –> Update Now.
How do I restart the HBO app on my Samsung TV?
Sometimes, the HBO Max app stops working or freezes on the Samsung smart TV due to a temporary glitch. However, you can fix the problem quickly by power cycling the Samsung TV. The process will also restart the HBO app. To do this:
- Unplug your Samsung smart TV from the main power outlet.
- Wait for 30 seconds and plug your Samsung TV back into the primary power source.
- Relaunch HBO Max and verify that the issue on hand is fixed.
How do I update my HBO Max app?
If the HBO Max app is not working on your Samsung smart TV and not playing HBO videos, you may need to update the HBO Max app by doing the following steps.
- Open Smart Hub on your Samsung smart TV.
- Use the remote navigational keys to go to the Apps section.
- Next, select Settings and choose the Updates option.
- Find the HBO Max app and press Okay to complete the update process.
- Finally, launch the HBO Max app and see if you can play videos now.
Hopefully, this guide helped you fix the HBO Max app not working issue on your Samsung smart TV. However, if you are still facing any problems, it could be that a third-party app is interfering with the HBO Max app. Therefore, try deleting some of the less used apps on your Samsung smart TV and redo the above troubleshooting steps.