Are you trying to launch the TikTok app on your mobile device but encountering a network error?
Network errors on TikTok indicate an issue with either your internet connection or the TikTok servers. Use downdetector to check the status of the TikTok servers. If everything is operational, ensure you have a strong and stable connection to the internet.
Network errors with TikTok can prevent you from accessing the app. In this article, we explore the most common causes of the network connection error and some troubleshooting steps you can take to fix the issue.
What is a TikTok Network Error?
A lot of TikTok users reported that when they try to launch or log into the app, they receive the following error message.
“No network connection. Connect to the internet and try again”
It seems that users are connected to the internet either through mobile data or a WIFI connection when they get the error message. This error can pop up due to an issue with your device, your internet service, or the TikTok app itself.
However, the fact remains the same that it spoils the users’ experience as they sometimes have to wait a long time until they can use the TikTok app again.
How Do I Fix TikTok Server Error?
To check the TikTok server status, go to the Downdetector or Istheservicedown.co.uk website. On these websites, you can see how many other users are experiencing network errors. Alternatively, you can go to the official Twitter page and check if the TikTok servers are down. If that’s the case, you will have to wait for some time until TikTok fixes the issues with their servers.
If TikTok servers are up and running according to the data collected by the various websites or through their official Twitter page, it is time to troubleshoot other causes for the network error.
Why Is My TikTok Not Working?
If your TikTok is not working properly and popping up a network error, it can be due to one of the following reasons.
- You have not assigned proper permissions to the TikTok app on your mobile device
- TikTok app is banned in your country
- TikTok servers are temporarily down due to a glitch in the system or for server maintenance
- You are using an outdated version of the TikTok app
- The APN settings are not configured correctly on your mobile phone
- Junk files build up and temporary bugs are causing the network error on TikTok
- Sometimes, poor mobile data speed and unstable WIFI connection won’t let the TikTok app connect to your network
TikTok No Network Connection VPN
Tiktok is banned in some countries due to security, data theft, and a few other issues. If you live in a banned country and try to use TikTok, you’ll see network errors pop up when you try to connect to the app.
Therefore, you may need to use a VPN service to be able to use the TikTok app. For example, if you live in India where TikTok has been banned since 2020, you can use a VPN and connect to a server outside India and enjoy using TikTok.
Additionally, a lot of TikTok users use free VPN servers to access the app. Sometimes, it is a big mistake as free VPNs can hack your social media accounts, banking information, or make your mobile device exit nodes. So when you decide to use a paid VPN with good reviews, take the following things under consideration as well.
- Choose the servers that are closest to your country for faster network speed.
- Select a VPN service that has fast servers all around the world. A slow VPN can cause lags in the videos and a TikTok network error can pop up on your screen.
- Make sure that your VPN does not save any logs to keep your data safe and your identity anonymous.
Furthermore, you can buy a VPN that supports a lot of devices so that you can share it with your friends and family to use the TikTok app.
How Do I Fix The TikTok Error?
To fix the TikTok network error, you can do the following troubleshooting steps.
Diagnose WIFI Issues
If you are using the TikTok app via a WIFI connection and getting a network error, try these steps.
- Connect to your WIFI network and then long-press the WIFI icon
- Tap on the gear icon followed by your WIFI network
- Select the MAC address type and then tap on Phone MAC
- Your WIFI connection will now disconnect and connect again
- Go to the WIFI network settings again and tap on the Advanced option
- Make sure that the IP settings are set to DHCP, proxy as None, and Network is selected to Detect Automatically
- Save the changes and launch the TikTok app to confirm that you don’t see a network error message
Assign Permission To The TikTok App
Occasionally, TikTok needs permission on your mobile device to work properly. If you forget to allow certain permissions such as camera, storage, microphone, internet access, etc, you might get a network error. To assign permissions to your TikTok app:
- Go to the Settings menu on your iOS or Android device and tap on Apps
- Scroll and locate the TikTok app and tap on it
- Next, tap on the Permissions option and allow all necessary permissions
- Finally, open your TikTok app and check if the error persists
Reset Access Point Names
If you are using the TikTok app via mobile data, wrong access point name settings can contribute to the network error. Therefore, you need to make sure that the APNs are stored correctly. To fix this:
- Open the Settings menu on your mobile device
- Navigate to the Connections tab and tap on the Mobile Networks
- Now select Access Point Names and choose your mobile data SIM service provider
- Tap on the vertical three dots in the upper right corner of your mobile screen
- Tap on Reset to Default and confirm the Reset warning message by tapping on Reset
Tiktok No Network Connection Error Samsung
If you are using TikTok on a Samsung phone or tablet and get a “No network connection” error, you can do the following steps to get rid of it.
Restart your Samsung Device
The easiest way to fix a TikTok network error on a Samsung device is to restart it. It is as simple as holding the Power button for a few seconds. However, it is an effective method to resolve many Samsung bugs that cause a malfunction in its apps.
Restarting the Samsung device clears the RAM and resets the processes that are interfering with the TikTok app. Make sure that once the device is off, wait for one minute before powering it back on.
Check Airplane Mode
Another simple way to get rid of the TikTok “No network connection” error is to manually reconnect to your service provider. Doing this is very easy. All you need to do is to toggle the Airplane mode on and then back off on your Samsung device.
Afterwards, the Samsung device will try to reconnect with your service provider while resetting the device’s AMP cycle. Once, you are connected, launch the TikTok app and see if that fixes the error.
Do A Factory Reset
Sometimes, you may need to do a factory reset on your Samsung device to get rid of different app errors. Your TikTok app might be throwing a network error if something is wrong with the device software.
Now, this troubleshooting method is a little inconvenient. You have to backup all your data as the factory reset will erase all the apps and media files in it to correct the bugs. To do this:
- Press and hold the Power + Vol up + Home button on your Samsung device
- Keep pressing the buttons until you see the Samsung logo and then release the Power button
- Next, release the Vol up and Home button when you see the recovery screen
- Use the Vol up and Down buttons to navigate to Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Use the Power button to start the reset process
- After the factory reset, configure personal settings on your Samsung device
- Install the TikTok app and verify that the network error is gone
TikTok No Network Connection Sony
Do you own a Sony mobile phone and are getting a TikTok network error message on your screen? Do the following steps to fix the error.
Run A Ping Test
A lot of times, your Sony device can show a network error on the TikTok app if it is connected to a disabled cellular radio signal. Therefore, you may need to run a ping test on your Sony mobile with the service mode on to enable the cellular radio signal. To do this:
- Open the Sony dialer and dial *#*#4636#*#*
- Now, you’ll enter the Sony service mode and see a bunch of options
- Locate your Sony information and select “Run Ping Test”
- Let the test end and then navigate to the bottom of the Service menu
- Check that the radio data is enabled
- Now open the TikTok app and check if you can connect this time
Check Your SIM Card
Occasionally, the TikTok network error problem lies with Sony’s SIM card slot. If you have dropped your phone somewhere, your SIM could end up dislodged in the slot. If that’s the case, your mobile data won’t work properly and cause numerous errors on the TikTok app.
Therefore, you need to take the SIM card out of your Sony mobile by turning it off. Next, use a tool to push the SIM slot out and clean up any dust particles around the slot and the SIM card. Finally, makes sure that you fit the SIM card firmly in the slot again. Hopefully, your mobile data will work properly this time and you won’t see the TikTok network error again.
Select Network Operator Manually
If your Sony mobile phone is having trouble finding your network, your apps can malfunction that rely on an internet connection. However, you can manually select your network operator to fix this issue. To do this on your Sony device:
- Tap the Settings icon on your Sony mobile
- Navigate to Mobile Networks and then tap on Network operators
- Now, choose your network operator from the list
- Restart your Sony mobile to let the changes take effect
TikTok not working UK
TikTok is a very popular app in the UK. However, TikTok UK users constantly run into errors while using the app.
You can try the fixes mentioned in this guide to get rid of the most common issues on TikTok on your mobile device.
However, if you are residing in the UK and your app is not working, you should first check the TikTok server status on different third-party service status checker websites. If you find out that other users in your area are experiencing a service outage, wait for the TikTok support staff to fix the server issues. Furthermore, you can also report the problem through your TikTok app.
Alternatively, you can use TikTok on your PC. Go to the TikTok website and log in with your credentials. You will have limited functionality as TikTok encourages more installs on a mobile device. However, you can browse videos on your homepage and manually search for specific users.
We hope that this guide helped you fix the TikTok network error on your mobile device. Before implementing any fix, we recommend that you clear the TikTok app cache from the Apps section on your mobile phone. You can also do it within the app as well by tapping on your profile and clearing the cache from there. If the error persists, uninstall the TikTok app and reinstall it.
Leave a comment