Hinge is a dating app that has revolutionized how people connect with potential partners. However, despite its popularity, some users have reported not getting the matches they hoped for.
If Hinge is not getting matches for you, this happens when the “Dealbreaker” feature is enabled, making your preferences, such as location and age. To fix this, disable the “Dealbreaker” option under your Profile settings. If it does not help, change the profile prompts and configure them to more unique, attractive, and fun responses.
In this article, we’ll explore some possible reasons why Hinge is not getting any matches for you and offer some helpful tips to increase your chances of finding that special someone.
Why Am I Not Getting Matches on Hinge?
Before starting, let’s discuss the possible reasons why you are not getting any matches on Hinge:
- Incorrect search settings
- Dealbreaker is enabled on the preferences
- The profile picture or profile is not attractive
- Profile prompts are boring
How Do Fix Not Gettings Matches on Hinge?
If Hinge is not getting you quality matches, the following easy-to-follow solutions will help you find the perfect partner in no time.
Turn Off Dealbreaker
The “Dealbreaker” feature on Hinge lets you make your preferences strict and won’t show you any matches that do not meet your selected criteria.
However, you can disable the “Dealbreaker” feature to get more matches on Hinge by following these steps:
- Launch “Hinge” on your Android or iOS device.
- Go to the “Profile” tab.
- Select “Preferences.”
- Select “Maximum Distance” or “Age.”
- Toggle off “Is this a Dealbreaker?” to disable the settings and see if you are getting matches now.
You can also adjust your preferences to expand your search settings and reach out to more people on Hinge.
Change the Profile Prompts
Hinge allows you to showcase your personality by selecting three prompts to answer on your profile. This is a great way to stand out and let your unique qualities shine through.
However, simply selecting prompts is not enough to guarantee a successful dating experience on Hinge. You could inadvertently turn the matches away if your answers are boring and unengaging.
Therefore, take a closer look at your responses to those profile prompts and ensure they represent the fun, interesting, and unique person you are.
Change the Profile Picture
While looks aren’t everything, your picture is the first thing potential matches see when they come across your profile.
So, ensure that your picture is clear, well-lit, and shows your face clearly. Avoid using filters that may distort your appearance or group photos.
Here are the steps to change your profile picture on Hinge:
- Launch “Hinge.”
- Head to the “Profile” tab.
- Tap the “Pencil” icon on your Hinge profile picture.
- Tap “X” on the photo.
- Select the platform from where you want to upload the picture; Facebook, Instagram, or Camera Roll.
- Choose the picture you want to add and tap “Confirm.”
- Edit the picture if needed, and tap “Done.”
Make Your Profile Standout From the Crowd
When competing with countless other singles on Hinge, it’s important to create a fun and engaging profile that can grab the attention of others.
So, try the tips and tricks outlined below to improve your profile and increase your chances of getting matches on Hinge:
- Showcase your strengths and add a little humor to your profile.
- Don’t be afraid to be unconventional and show off your true personality.
- Add more pictures to your profile and aim for a more relaxed and comfortable look that showcases your true self.
Most importantly, being authentic is key to successful online dating, and the matches will appreciate seeing the real side of you. Once you put effort into your Hinge profile, you’ll quickly start making meaningful connections.
Reset the Hinge Profile
If you’ve tried all the above tips but still not getting any matches on Hinge, reset your profile and create a new one by following these steps:
First and foremost, unlink your Facebook account from Hinge in the following way:
- Launch “Facebook.“
- Go to “Menu.”
- Tap “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap “Settings.”
- Choose “App & Websites.”
- Choose “Edit.”
- Tap “Hinge.”
- Tap “Remove.”
- Select “Remove” again.
Now, delete your Hinge profile by following the steps outlined below:
- Launch “Settings.”
- Go to “Profile.”
- Tap “Settings.”
- Select “Account.”
- Tap “Delete Account.”
- Tap “Confirm Delete.”
- Select “OK got It.”
Next, uninstall Hinge on your device and open the “App Store or Play Store” to reinstall the app. Afterward, relaunch Hinge and recreate your account in the following way:
- Tap “Create Account.”
- Enter your phone number and provide the verification code sent to your device.
- Now, fill out the profile info, such as name, email, location, gender, and date of birth.
- Provide all the required permissions to the Hinge app.
- Now, upload your picture, create exciting profile prompts, make your profile engaging, and start getting new matches.
INFO: Uninstalling and reinstalling the app can also help you troubleshoot Bumble if it is not showing matches or keeps changing your profile picture.
In this article, we’ve explored why Hinge is not getting you the matches you deserve and discussed the 5 best strategies to ensure you can find the right match on the dating platform.
Hopefully, with these hacks, you can find someone on Hinge who shares your interests and values and becomes your next potential partner.