Demo or demonstration mode is a feature that retailers use to catch the attention of shoppers. If you’ve purchased a new Sony television from the store, you could find that the TV is still in demo mode when you turn it on.
Luckily, there are a few steps that you can take to get out of demo mode. So, let’s take a look at how to turn off e-POP on a Sony Bravia television.
What is an e-POP?
In regard to e-POPs on Sony TVs, it’s basically a pop-up banner that shows on the television screen.
Understandably, there are a huge amount of Sony Bravia TV owners that would prefer to watch their favourite shows without the interruption of a pop-up.
However, banner display and e-POPs are two different things, if you wish to remove banner display on your Sony TV then please follow these steps using your Sony TV remote control:
Home > Settings > Preferences > Set-up > Info Banner > choose ‘Hidden’.
Turn off Sony Bravia e-POPs
Removing e-POPs from your Sony TV screen should be simple. By following the steps below, you should be able to view your television screen banner-free.
- Using the Sony Bravia remote control, press ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’. Now, you should see the Home screen.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’ > select ‘Setup’ > ‘Initial Setup’.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions. When prompted to select a ‘viewing environment’ please choose ‘Home’ rather than ‘store’.
My Sony Bravia TV is stuck in demo mode: No remote control
More often than not, a TV showing e-POPs is set to ‘store’ or ‘demo’ mode.
If the previous steps didn’t manage to get your Sony Bravia TV out of demo mode, please continue with the alternative steps below.
- Locate the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button on the back or side of your television.
- Long-press this button on the TV for around 20 seconds.
- Now, a message should appear reading: “Demo mode: Off”.
Holding the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button on my TV didn’t work
If long-pressing the ‘Home’ or ‘Menu’ button didn’t get your Sony Bravia TV out of demo mode, please try the following steps.
- Locate the ‘Ch’ or ‘Input’ button on the TV.
- Long-press this button for at least 20 seconds.
- Now, the message “Demo mode: Off” should appear on the screen.
As a last resort, you may wish to reset your TV back to factory settings, to do this please see this guide from Sony.