Many Red Dead Redemption 2 users complain about being unable to play the game on full screen. The solution is not one specific issue, but will be caused by one of the four following issues:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 is usually causing this issue because of the launcher and windows resolution misconfiguration.
- You are using outdated Windows video drivers.
- An outdated Windows can cause the full screen not to work while playing the game.
- An outdated game launcher is causing the issue.
In this post, I’ll go through each of these specific four issues, so you can troubleshoot which is the one that is causing you the problem, and most importantly – how to fix it!
How Do I Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 Full Screen?
Before we get to troubleshooting, press Alt + Enter on the keyboard and see if Red Dead Redemption 2 can switch to full screen.
This technique has worked for many gamers. If the issue persists, move to the solution below.
Use Correct Resolution
If you’re using an external monitor or television, ensure the resolution is correct. Select “aspect ratio” or use the screen fit option in the TV’s settings.
If you are playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 4k screen, adjust your desktop to 1920×1080 to match the game’s settings. So, follow these steps to fix the full screen not working issue.
- Launch Red Dead Redemption 2, and go to the Settings.
- Choose the Graphic settings and change the Screen Type to Full Screen.
- After that, change the Resolution as per your hardware requirements, such as 1920X1080. Your graphic requirements are shown alongside the Resolution, and make sure you choose the appropriate resolution.
- Now, go to windows desktop, right-click on the screen, and choose Display settings.
- Once the display settings appear, choose the Display Resolution and select 1920X1080.
- This will probably resolve the Red Dead Redemption 2 not full screen issue. Now execute the game to check if the issue persists.
Check for Windows Updates To Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 Not Full Screen Issue
You need to update the most recent version of Windows to take benefit of specific new capabilities and ensure that there are no issues with OS. Therefore, follow these steps to update your Windows.
- Press the Windows logo key or Windows + I and click on the Settings icon.
- Now, click Check for Updates under the Windows Update section.
- You’ll be given the option to install updates if they’re available. Please restart your computer after it’s finished updating.
- Finally, launch the game to see if the issue persists.
Update Graphic Card Drivers
Your drivers are critical for the best gaming experience, and you may be unable to play or get the full Red Dead Redemption 2 features.
It’s a wise option to update your video card drivers to get the maximum performance out of your hardware.
After a clean installation of the graphics driver, many gamers could get the full screen while playing Red Dead Redemption 2. There are two options to update the drivers manually or through software.
Manually Update the Graphics Driver To Fix Red Dead Redemption 2 Not Full Screen Issue
Users of AMD graphics cards should ensure that the legacy AMD graphics card information is uninstalled.
Then they can download and execute the AMD Cleanup Utility from the AMD website if they have current (or previously installed) AMD graphics cards.
You can perform the same process as your graphic card requirement or brand, such as Nvidia, Intel, etc. For Nvidia, visit their official site and choose a product type, series, operating system, etc., to download the driver. After downloading, make sure you uninstall the previous version.
Download a Software to Update the Drivers
If you don’t have the time, patience, or computer skills to update drivers manually, download software like driver easy or use any software to update the drivers. It will automatically detect your system and locate the appropriate drivers.
You don’t have to know what operating system your computer uses, and you won’t have to worry about downloading and installing the wrong driver. To download and install the drivers through Driver Easy, follow these steps.
- First, visit the Driver Easy official site and download & install the free version.
- After that, launch the application and click on the Scan Now button. It will scan your device and detect any issues or outdated drivers.
- Finally, click the Update button next to the flagged driver. It will automatically download the appropriate version of the driver. That’s it.
Update Rockstar Games Launcher
Rockstar continues to release updates to its launcher, which may have resolved some of the game’s launching troubles.
Therefore, we highly recommend that you update your Rockstar Games Launcher or uninstall the previous version and reinstall it.
- Close or shut down any Rockstar games as well as the launcher. You can check if the launcher is still operating in the background in Task Manager to make sure you’ve completely exited it.
- Now, restart the Rockstar Games Launcher and follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
- If you’ve updated your launcher and still can’t get the game to launch in full screen, try to connect to Rockstar support.
This guide lists the most effective solutions for the Red Dead Redemption 2 not full-screen issue. Moreover, you can try disabling the Intel HD graphics driver to see if it helps in playing Red Dead Redemption 2 in full-screen mode.
If nothing else works, contact Rockstar Games and inform them of the problem.