The Virgin Media error s101 is a popular error code on Virgin Media TVs and usually occurs when you are trying to watch your favorite TV show.
Different scenarios result in the error s101. It often appears on your Tivo box when it cannot prepare your channel information. An incorrect installation of the Tivo box can pop up s101 on your TV screen. To diagnose it, reboot your TV and monitor the progress.
If you fail to resolve it after a reboot, read further. Our guide will show you why the error code s101 occurs and a step by step guide on how to fix it.
What is Virgin Media Error S101?
Error S101 occurs when your TV is unable to prepare the channel information. Virgin Media typically shows error S101 when you didn’t install the TiVo box correctly or if V6 couldn’t load the channel list to 100%. If the coax cable isn’t plugged in, your Wi-Fi connection may fail with an S101 error code.
Solutions For Error S101 Depending On The Light Shown
Try restarting your TV first before trying any of the several solutions to your error s101. If that doesn’t work, the device’s indicator light color will tell you what to do next.
For White Indicator Light
Follow these procedures below if you notice the illumination of white light.
- Restart the WiFi router and the set-top box first.
- Double-check the Ethernet cable and ensure it is firmly connected. When you properly follow these few steps, you should notice significant progress on your display.
For Red Light Indicator
If the indicator light on your device is red, proceed as follows.
- First, press the “Home” button on your remote to exit standby mode.
- The next step is to force-restart your device. That should resolve the problem.
For An Amber Warning Light
If your device is flashing amber warning light, do the following.
- Reboot and check back after 10 minutes to see if the indicator light has changed. Contact Virgin Media’s technical support if the amber light does not go away after a reboot.
For No Indication Of Light
Try the steps below if your device isn’t giving off any light.
- First, activate the device by turning on the switch at the rear.
- Check the power cable’s secure connection to the unit and ensure the power adapter is firmly attached.
For A Blinking Light
- If your TV is showing a blinking light, wait 5 minutes to see if the blinking light will stop. Most of the time, your device will fix that without your input.
- Reboot the device after 5 minutes if the blinking light persists. That should fix the issue and clear the error message.
Hopefully, you must have seen the common causes of the Virgin Media error s101 and how to handle it. The color of the indicator lights will serve as a guide to the exact step to take given the problem.
If you followed these steps and there’s no improvement, don’t hesitate to call the Virgin Media support line to schedule an appointment with an expert to examine and fix it properly.