Oculus Quest 2 is an excellent standalone headset that works well with multiple devices when it comes to sharing your experience with others. However, things can go wrong sometimes, resulting in an issue while casting it to your computer.
If Oculus Quest 2 won’t cast to your computer, this usually happens when there is an internet connectivity issue or technical glitch with the app. To fix this issue, restart your router or update Oculus Quest 2 to the latest firmware.
Below, we’ve provided a comprehensive and easy-to-follow guide to help you understand why Oculus Quest 2 won’t cast to your computer and how you can get back to sharing what you are experiencing on VR.
Why Won’t Oculus 2 Cast To My Computer?
Here are some reasons why Oculus Quest 2 won’t cast to your computer.
- Oculus Quest 2 and the computer are not connected to the same internet connection.
- The Wi-Fi network is unstable.
- Oculus Quest 2 needs a system update.
- The headset or Meta Quest app is experiencing temporary glitches.
- The Bluetooth or GPS tracking on the phone is turned off.
- Peer-to-peer connection settings on your router are causing the issue.
What Do I Do If My Oculus Quest 2 Won’t Cast To My Computer?
If Oculus Quest 2 won’t cast to your computer, here are a few quick solutions for this issue.
Troubleshoot Your Wi-Fi Network
Oculus Quest 2 requires a strong internet connection to work well to cast audio and video to your computer. Therefore, try restarting your router to troubleshoot any weak network issues. To do so:
- Press the Power button on your router or disconnect it from the power source.
- Wait for a few seconds to refresh the network.
- Press the Power button again to restart the router, and try casting the Oculus Quest 2 to your computer to see if the issue persists.
Note: Also, ensure that your computer, Oculus Quest 2 device, and Meta Quest app are connected to the same internet connection.
Restart The Oculus Quest 2
Since Oculus Quest 2 is a relatively new technology and the developers update it regularly, the headset often experiences system errors and glitches. So, try restarting your gadget to lead up with fresh settings in the following way:
- With your headset on, press and hold the Power button on the right side until the Power Off screen appears.
- Select Restart.
- Once the headset is powered back on, try casting to your computer and see if the problem is resolved.
Note: You can also try pressing and holding the Power button for 10 seconds to turn off the headset. Afterward, press the Power button again to restart Oculus Quest 2.
Reboot Your Computer
Rebooting your Windows computer will help resolve any glitches or bugs that are preventing Oculus Quest 2 from being cast to it. To do so:
- Click the Start icon.
- Click Power.
- Select Restart.
- Afterward, check if you can now cast Oculus Quest 2 to your computer.
Note: If you are using a Mac system, select the Apple Menu and click Restart to reboot your PC.
Check Your Phone’s Bluetooth And Location
When casting the Oculus Quest 2 through the Meta Quest app on your phone or tablet, ensure that Bluetooth connection and GPS tracking are enabled on your device.
- Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen to access the Quick Access Menu panel.
- Check if Bluetooth and location are enabled.
- If not, tap on their icons to turn the services on.
- Afterward, try casting the headset to your computer to check if the issue is resolved.
Update The Oculus Quest 2
An outdated Oculus Quest 2 firmware can often cause casting issues with the computer. Therefore, make sure to keep the headset updated with the latest version.
- Press the Oculus button on the right touch controller to access the Universal Menu.
- Hover over the clock on the left side and select Quick Settings.
- Now, select Settings in the top-right corner
- Scroll down using the thumbstick and select System > Software Update.
- If a new update is available next to the Software update option, select Install Update.
- Now check if you can cast the Oculus Quest 2 to your PC.
Note: You can also activate automatic updates on your Oculus Quest 2 using the Meta Quest app on your phone. To do so, open the Oculus application, select the headset, and navigate to More Settings > Advanced > Update Software Automatically.
Remove P2P From Your Router Settings
Peer-to-peer connection helps with smooth wireless connection and exchanges. However, this feature is disabled on your router by default.
Therefore, try enabling the P2P feature on your router and see if you can cast the headset to your computer afterward.
Reinstall the App
Any error or bugs on the Meta Quest app can also prevent you from casting the headset on your computer. To rule this out, try reinstalling the application in the following way:
- Tap and hold the Meta Quest app until a pop-up menu appears.
- Select Uninstall/Remove App.
- Confirm the action when asked.
- Next, launch App Store or Google Play Store.
- Search for the Oculus app and tap Install.
- Once the app is installed, try casting the Oculus Quest 2 to your computer and see if the problem persists.
Reset Oculus Quest 2
If the above solutions fail, you can try resetting your Oculus Quest 2 to resolve any glitches or bugs that are preventing you from casting it to your computer.
Here’s how to do this:
- Launch the Meta Quest app on your iOS or Android device.
- Now, tap the Devices option.
- Select the headset connected to your device.
- Choose Advanced Settings.
- Tap Factory Reset and choose Reset to confirm the action.
- Afterward, try casting the headset to your computer, and the issue will be resolved.
Note: To reset from the headset, turn off the Oculus Quest 2, hold down the Power and Minus button simultaneously, select Factory Reset with the Volume button, and press the Power button.
In this detailed guide, we’ve explained why Oculus Quest 2 won’t connect to your computer. We’ve also provided tried and tested solutions to help you resolve this problem. Hopefully, by following these methods, you can start sharing VR content with others.
However, if you’re still having trouble casting your Oculus Quest 2 to your PC, reach out to Meta Quest Help Center for more help.