If you find yourself with a suspended account, you’re not alone. This is a widespread problem faced by TikTok users. Let’s see why your TikTok account might be suspended.
If your TikTok account is suspended you likely have violated one of the rules. Accounts can be suspended for reasons such as nudity, violence, or graphical content. A suspension can last anywhen between one to seven days.
Let’s dive into the suspension process.
How does TikTok know what accounts to suspend?
Accordingly, TikTok must monitor the content on its app to keep its users safe. If someone does not follow the safety policies, their account can risk suspension. There is a process for this challenging task.
Content can be flagged by:
- Uploaded content first goes through technology to flag policy violations. The technology will look for adult nudity, violence, and graphic content.
- TikTok’s safety team can flag content.
- Users can report videos to TikTok’s safety team.
TikTok’s safety team will review all flagged content. TikTok will remove the content if it goes against community guidelines. You will have a chance to appeal this decision.
You can appeal directly from the mobile app. If the video is appropriate, it will be available to view on your account. Reviews can happen to the same video numerous times.
In other words, TikTok will keep track of how many times they remove videos from your account. The penalties for account violations are based on the severity and frequency of violations. Check your Inbox for your specific consequences. Let’s look at the penalties for policy violations.
How long will my TikTok account be suspended?
To clarify, if this is your first violation, your account suspension will likely be for 24 to 48 hours. This period depends on the severity of the offense. Suspended accounts cannot upload a video, comment, or edit your profile. TikTok may switch your account to a view-only experience for up to 72 hours in more severe cases.
Keep your TikTok account active by following community guidelines
In other words, the best way to keep your TikTok account safe is to know why your account was under review. Most accounts become flagged by going against community guidelines.
Moreover, this app must prioritize safety and inclusion to maintain a supportive environment. Here are behaviors that go against these guidelines:
You cannot make threats or incite violence. Threats include:
- Statements of intent to inflict physical injury.
- Statements that inspire acts of violence.
- Asking someone to bring weapons to a location.
- Instructions on how to make or use a weapon.
- You cannot support or praise people or organizations that promote violence.
- Do not promote criminals, hate organizations, or terrorists.
- Recruit people for dangerous organizations.
For instance, you cannot attack or threaten individuals based on:
- National origin
- Sexual Orientation
- Gender Identity
- Serious Disease
- Immigration Status
In brief, you cannot include content that:
- Praises or glorifies hateful ideology
- Content that denies well-documented and violent events has taken place.
- Claims of supremacy over a group of people
- Conspiracy theories to justify hostile ideologies.
Subsequently, you cannot post anything that violates laws or regulations. Including:
- Criminal activities
- Videos that risk the safety of others
- The display of firearms or weapons.
- Drug usage or promotion.
- The promotion frauds or scams like pyramid schemes.
- Gambling, sports betting, or lotteries.
- Content including minors.
Violent, graphic, or sexual content
Specifically, Tik Tok is not for shock value. You cannot post:
- Graphic death or accidents
- Real-world fighting or gore.
- Harm against animals.
- Suicide, self-harm, or dangerous acts
- Promoting or normalizing eating disorders
Harassment and Bullying
- Abusive behavior
- Sexual harassment
- Threats of hacking, doxing, and blackmail.
Integrity and Authenticity
Subsequently, it’s not ok to impersonate or use misleading information on your account.
To summarize, several violations can get your account permanently banned. This means that you will not be able to use the TikTok app in any way. Therefore, it’s critical to appeal account violations. When you win an appeal on the content violation, TikTok erases the penalty from your account. Other violations will drop from your account over time.
Thus, you need to maintain a good relationship with this app. Always make sure to follow the guidelines listed above. If you want to make the most of your TikTok experience, check out our tips to improve your camera quality. You might be the next creator with millions of views.