Have you ever wondered whether Instagram lists down your followers in order? This question has undoubtedly been on many people’s minds lately.
In past years, Instagram sorted the followers’ list in chronological order based on who has followed you recently.
However, as of June 2021, the pattern has changed, and the list is updated. Instagram now arranges your list of followers based on its algorithm that puts them in order based on mutual interaction.
For instance, the account you’ve liked the most, shared its posts, or sent DMs will appear at the top of the list, and the one you’ve less or no connection with at all will appear at the bottom. But, if you have less than 200 followers, the algorithm arranges the list alphabetically by the name on their profile, not the username.
In this article, we’ll explain the Instagram order of followers, why it matters, how the algorithm works, and provide quick workarounds to check the list in chronological order.
Does Instagram Follower’s Order Matter?
The order of followers on Instagram can be important for several reasons:
- Instagram account growth
- Brings out fake followers
- Makes it easy to find your favorite profile
- Shows the more interacted accounts at the top
How Does Instagram Algorithm Order Your Default Followers List?
Below is the list of factors that Instagram takes into account while ordering your default followers list:
If you check your friend’s Instagram and have mutual followers, you’ll notice that those profiles appear at the top of the list. This is because the algorithm thinks those accounts are closer to you.
People You Follow
When you follow a profile, and they follow you back, the Instagram algorithm will detect it and place that account at the top of your Followers list.
Interactions play an important role in determining which profile appears at the top of your Followers list. This can include things like post shares, save, likes, DMs, and comments.
This means that the Instagram algorithm takes into account your interaction habits when positioning accounts, regardless of whether you follow them.
Recent followers is another factor the Instagram algorithm considers when ordering the Followers lists. Moreover, those whom you’ve followed back will be prioritized next.
Number Of Posts
The more active an account is, the higher it will appear in your Followers list because Instagram prioritizes them as they are seen as more engaging. So, even if you’re not super close with someone but have a high number of posts, they will be at the top.
Another factor the Instagram algorithm looks at when ordering your Followers list is the geo-location you and your follower share. Therefore, the top profiles in the list might be those who share a physical location with you.
Verified Accounts Or Popular Accounts
The Instagram algorithm will place the verified most lower in your Followers list. This might be the reason that you don’t interact with brands as much as you would with actual people.
On the other hand, a popular account with millions of followers is placed at the top of your Followers list.
Note: Instagram algorithm does not put those accounts who view your profile regularly (stalk you) without liking or commenting.
How To Check Instagram Followers in Chronological Order?
Do you want to check whether your Instagram followers are in chronological order in the list? One of the following workarounds might help you figure this out quickly.
Access Your Account On Web
- Launch your preferred browser on your PC/laptop.
- Go to the Instagram website and sign in to the account using your credentials (username/email and password).
- Click Profile from the left panel.
- Click Followers at the top of your profile page, and the list will be arranged based on who you’ve followed recently.
Use Third-Party Application
- Open a browser on your mobile device and search for Followers Gallery.
- Tap Get Free Followers to download the APK file and tap to install it.
- You might be asked to provide permission to download from an Unknown Source.
- Launch the app and tap Sign Up on the login screen to create your account.
- Enter your Instagram account username and tap Add.
- Now, tap the Money icon to claim the free coins.
- Tap the Shopping icon to order followers for your account and view them in the task list.
In this article, we’ve explained whether the Instagram followers are in order, why it is important, how the algorithm works, and provided quick workarounds to check the list in chronological order.
We hope that you now completely understand the Instagram order of followers.