Bush TV models are known for their durability and quality. They offer a wide range of features that make them perfect for any home. Like all other TVs, they are not without their faults. So, what to do when you are about to watch your favorite show and find your Bush TV stuck on standby?
If your Bush TV is stuck on standby mode it’s often because the Power button on the TV is not working or the remote is malfunctioning. To get the Bush TV out of the standby state, replace the remote’s batteries or repair the TV’s power button.
A few users report that their BUSH TVs can’t get out of Standby mode. This article will explain why you are experiencing this issue and how you can fix it with quick solutions.
Is it OK to leave a Bush television on standby?
When your Bush TV is turned off by pressing the power button on the remote, it goes into standby mode. The standby light on the front of the TV will be lit to indicate that it is still receiving power.
Standby mode uses less power than if the TV is switched on and left idle. So, it is generally safe to leave your TV in this mode.
But if you are concerned about energy usage or want to be extra cautious, you can unplug your TV when it is not in use. This will prevent it from using any power at all.
Why is my Bush TV stuck on standby mode?
Below are some reasons why your Bush TV is stuck in standby mode.
- Your TV is facing a software issue.
- The Bush TV remote is faulty, or its batteries are dead.
- The power button on the TV is not working.
- Your TV is not placed in a well-ventilated place, resulting in overheating.
- Your Bush TV remote is not paired with your TV.
- There is an issue with the hardware of your TV.
How do you fix a Bush TV that is stuck on standby?
If you are having trouble with your Bush TV stuck on standby, follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the problem.
Power cycle your Bush TV
The first thing you should try to get the Bush TV out of stuck standby mode is to power cycle it to remove any minor software glitches. To do this:
- First, unplug your Bush TV from the power supply unit.
- Now, press and hold the Power button on the TV unit for 20 to 30 seconds.
- After the elapsed time, plug the TV back into the power supply.
- Now, press the power button on your remote or TV and see if it has started working.
Note: Ensure that you update your TV firmware from time to time. As older software versions are the main reason for bugs or glitches on your TV, resulting in the Bush TV missing channels or getting stuck in standby mode.
Check the cables and power connection
The next step is to check the cables and power connection. Ensure that all the wires are securely connected to the TV and that there are no loose connections. Also, check if the power cable is faulty or not.
If the TV is not getting enough power, it will not turn on or be stuck in standby mode. Therefore, ensure that the power outlet is working and not overloaded with multiple devices.
Moreover, if you are using an extension, switch to a direct power supply or use a high-quality extension and do not plug in too many devices at once.
Place the TV in a ventilated area
If your TV is not placed in a well-ventilated area, it can overheat and cause the standby mode issue. So, put your TV in a ventilated area to ensure that it does not overheat.
You can also try to clean the dust from the ventilation grills, as this will help improve air circulation and prevent overheating. If your TV is overheated, do the following:
- Unplug your TV from the electric supply unit.
- Remove any device connected to the TV and let it cool down completely for at least 30 minutes.
- Finally, plug the TV back into the electric supply and verify the fix.
Remove interfering devices
Another reason for your Bush TV to be stuck in standby mode is because of interference between the remote rays and the TV from other appliances or networks. Therefore, remove any devices that may be interfering with the signal, such as routers, Bluetooth devices, etc.
These devices can emit electromagnetic radiation that can interfere with the TV’s signal and cause problems. Afterward, try turning on your Bush TV to see if it is working.
Check the power button
If the power button on your TV or remote is not working, that could be the reason why your TV is stuck in standby mode. So, try to check and see if the power button is working or not.
Try turning off your TV from the power outlet and plug it in again. Press the power button on your TV and see if the blue light turns on. If not, you may need to take your TV for repair or replacement.
How do you sync a Bush TV remote?
Sometimes, the TV gets stuck in standby mode because it is not paired correctly with the remote. So, try to pair the remote again with your Bush TV in the following way:
- Grab your remote and press the Power button.
- Now, press and hold the Home button on your remote until the TV lights start blinking.
- The pairing process will take 15 seconds.
- Next, the TV lights will stop flashing, indicating that the TV and remote have paired completely.
- Finally, see if your TV is out of the Standby mode; retune the channels afterward.
Note: There is a possibility that the batteries in your remote are dead or low. So, replace the batteries in your remote and see if your TV has started working.
In this article, we discussed why is your Bush TV stuck on standby and how you can troubleshoot the issue. Hopefully, with these steps, your TV gets turned on, and you can enjoy watching your shows.
However, if your Bush TV is still not working, take it to a repair shop or contact Bush TV support to resolve hardware issues.