Disney Plus is a streaming service where Disney fans can catch all their favorites. With a huge selection of old classics, new movies & series, and more, you can’t do much better.
If you’ve tried to watch Disney Plus using a VPN or have violated their terms of service, you have likely encountered Disney Plus blocking your IP address.
In this article, we’re going to discuss why your IP address has been blocked and some steps you can take to continue using the streaming service.
Why Is Disney Plus Blocking My IP Address?
An IP address is a unique address that your devices use to access an internet network. Some IP addresses, such as your computer and router LAN IP, are private. However, your router also uses a public WAN IP address to communicate with internet services, such as Disney+. If Disney Plus is blocking your IP address, it’s for a good reason.
How Can I Fix the Problem of Disney Plus Blocking My IP Address?
There are several ways to go about fixing the issue of Disney Plus blocking your IP address. For starters, try the steps below. However, bear in mind that you may need to contact Disney Plus support to get your IP unblocked.
Swap to an Alternative Internet Connection
Has Disney+ blocked your IP address? If so, there’s good news. In most cases, Disney+ has only blocked the address specific to that internet connection, not your entire Disney+ account. As such, streaming using an alternative internet connection should work fine.
Try streaming on one of these alternative internet connections to see if they work:
- Use a Wi-Fi hotspot created on your phone or tablet using cellular data.
- Swap to an alternative internet connection in your home.
- Stream on mobile at a friend’s house or a cafe using their internet connection.
- Note that swapping to watching on another device on the same internet connection probably won’t work.
- Try these Disney error code 91 solutions if you are seeing this error code.
Make Sure That Disney Plus is Available in Your Location
Perhaps you’re trying to access your Disney Plus account while traveling out of your country? If so, you need to remember that streaming on Disney Plus is only available in select countries.
Account accessibility and the Disney licensed content available varies depending on your geolocation. Be sure to check the list of countries where Disney Plus is available to ensure that you’re on it.
Use a VPN if Disney Plus Is Blocking Your IP Address
Disney Plus blocks any IP addresses out of the allowable countries using geolocation. If available, it may also limit content according to copyrights in place wherever you are. However, you can pretend to be in your home country or another supported Disney Plus country using a VPN.
A VPN is a virtual private network that uses foreign IP addresses and servers. These help you gain access to internet services otherwise unavailable to you due to your location. Using a VPN may help you access Disney Plus if you’re in a country where it’s unavailable.
Here are some tips on how to select a suitable VPN and use it correctly:
- Ensure that the VPN includes coverage in your home country or one of the major Disney Plus streaming countries.
- Note that some free VPNs always use the same IP addresses and servers. Disney Plus and other streaming services may easily detect and block these using anti-VPN software.
- Paid VPN is a more reliable option. However, try to ensure that yours offers multiple server options in each country as a backup.
- Remember, depending on the VPN country you select, the content available on Disney Plus may vary.
- NB: no VPN is guaranteed to allow access to Disney Plus and may actually violate its usage policies. Using a VPN in some countries, such as Iran, Turkey, Russia, UAE, and China, is also illegal.
Switch off Your VPN
Are you streaming Disney+ content on your mobile devices or trying to mirror your screen to your TV? Do you also use a VPN on your mobile devices? A VPN can help you access the streaming service. However, it may also be why Disney Plus is blocking your IP address.
Try switching off your VPN on the device you’re trying to stream or screencast Disney+ content to fix the issue. You can also check out these Disney Plus screen-mirroring issue solutions if Disney+ is blocking you.
Contact Disney Plus Support to Unblock Your IP Address
Have you accidentally gotten your IP address temporarily blocked by Disney+? You may have tried to log in multiple times with or without the correct password or username. Or, someone else might have tried to hack your account.
If so, you may see the error “Device IP temporarily blocked.” If you haven’t done anything, it’s advisable to change your password to secure your account. Then, to either wait until the block gets lifted (not advisable). Or, contact Disney+ support to get your IP unblocked (advisable).
To avoid getting your account or IP blocked again, remember to:
- Avoid logging in multiple times in a short space of time—especially if you have forgotten your correct login details.
- Keep your login data, including username, email, and password, secure from third parties.
- Save your login credentials somewhere safe, so you don’t forget them.
- Ensure your young kids don’t have access to the Disney+ login page to make accidental login attempts.
- Make sure that everyone in your household who uses Disney+ knows the correct login details.
Disney Plus blocking your IP address can be a big issue if you want to stream content. However, remember that the platform may be doing so to keep your account secure. Luckily, there are many ways to get the problem resolved. Hopefully, one of our suggestions helped you!