Nothing is more frustrating than settling for a cozy movie night or binge-watching on Disney Plus, only to find that the app keeps lagging on your TV.
If Disney Plus keeps lagging on your Smart TV, this happens when your internet speed falls below 5 Mbps for High-Definition or 25 Mbps for streaming 4k UHD content on the app. To fix this, restart your router and reconnect the internet connection to your TV. If the issue persists, clear the Disney Plus app cache data.
In this article, you’ll learn why Disney Plus keeps lagging on your Smart TV and what you can do to address the problem.
Why is my Disney Plus lagging on TV?
Let’s discuss some reasons why Disney Plus is lagging on your Smart TV and failing to stream content:
- Poor network speed.
- Corrupt or bulky Disney Plus app cache.
- Outdated app /TV firmware.
- Disney Plus server outages.
- Minor temporary bugs on the app or TV.
How do I stop Disney Plus from lagging on my TV?
If Disney Plus keeps lagging on your Smart TV, here are 7 easy-to-follow solutions to quickly troubleshoot the issue.
Force Stop Disney Plus
Sometimes, the Disney Plus app gets stuck on the loading screen on your TV due to temporary bugs. Luckily, force-stopping the app can help you terminate all its active processes and allow Disney Plus to start with fresh settings and configurations. To do this:
- Press “Quick Settings” on the remote supplied with your TV.
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Apps.”
- Select “Disney Plus.”
- Choose “Force Stop.”
Another way to force-start Disney Plus is to restart your TV. This also helps remove any corrupt memory files causing the app to malfunction. For this:
- Press the “Power” button on the front panel of your TV.
- Disconnect the TV power cord from the main power source.
- Wait 30-60 seconds and plug back the power cord into the mains.
- Press “Power” again to turn on your TV, launch Disney Plus, and verify the fix.
Troubleshoot Internet Connection
Disney Plus requires 5 Mbps for High-Definition and 25Mbps speed to stream 4k UHD content. But if your internet speed falls below these requirements, it can lead to playback lags and interruptions on your Smart TV.
To check the internet upload/download speed, run a speed test, and if it is below the minimum requirements, try the following tips and tricks to get a reliable network connection:
- Disconnect any unnecessary devices from your network to reduce congestion and improve data transmission.
- Try restarting your Wi-Fi router or modem by unplugging it from the power source for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.
- Connect your TV directly to the router using an Ethernet cable for faster internet access.
Another way to improve the internet speed is to switch the Wi-Fi bands from 2GHz to 5GHz on your router. For this, log on to the router, go to “Wireless Settings,” choose your Wi-Fi frequency band and click “Save” or “Apply.”
Check Disney Plus Server Status
When the Disney Plus servers experience technical issues or become overloaded because of high demand, it can lead the app to lag or buffer on your Smart TV.
To determine if the server is causing the problem, go to the Downdetector Disney Plus Server Status page and check the real-time reports.
If the service is down, your only option is to wait for the Disney Plus developers to resolve the issues on their end.
Clear App Cache Data
Over time, the Disney Plus cache data gets accumulated or corrupted on your Smart TV, affecting the app’s performance.
However, clearing this data can reset the app and help Disney Plus to rebuild its cache from scratch, removing any glitches causing lag or out-of-sync issues. Here’s how:
- Press “Home/Quick Settings” on the remote supplied with your TV.
- Select “Apps” or “All Apps.”
- Select “Disney Plus.”
- Choose “Clear Cache.”
- Afterward, launch the app and see if Disney Plus keeps lagging now.
Update Disney Plus
If you are using an outdated Disney Plus app, it might be incompatible with the latest streaming protocols and features. As a result, the app starts lagging on your Smart TV and won’t get past the loading screen.
So, try updating the Disney Plus app on your TV with these steps:
- Access “Apps or All Apps.”
- Select the three dots (ellipsis icon) on the top-right corner of the screen to open “Options.
- Select “App Update.”
- Choose “Disney Plus”
- Select “Update,” launch the app afterward and verify the fix.
If your Smart TV has a pre-installed Google Play Store, simply open it, search for “Disney Plus,” and select “Update.”
Update TV Firmware
Outdated TV firmware can also be the culprit behind the lagging issues on the Disney Plus app.
So it is best to update your Smart TV firmware to the latest version this way:
- Make sure your Smart TV is connected to a stable and fast network connection.
- Open “Settings.”
- Go to “All Settings.”
- Select “Support.”
- Select “Software Update.”
- Choose “Download and Install.”
Reset TV to Default Settings
If all else fails, reset your Smart TV to its default settings. This will remove any software conflicts, corrupt data files, or configurations resulting in the malfunctioning of the Disney Plus app. To do this:
- Access “Settings.”
- Select “All Settings.”
- Head to “General.”
- Choose “System.”
- Choose “Reset to Initial Settings or “Reset.”
- Select “OK,” complete the setup, install “Disney Plus,” and check if this resolves the issue.
Resetting the TV to its default settings will remove all your settings, preferences, and installed apps.
NOTE: The specific steps to clearing the Disney Plus cache, updating the app or TV firmware, and resetting the system to factory settings might vary depending on your TV’s brand and model.
In this article, we’ve explored why Disney Plus keeps lagging on your TV and discussed 7 solutions to get rid of this annoyance.
However, The last solution might be to contact the Disney Plus Support team. Call 888-905-7888 or visit the Disney Plus Contact Us page and chat with Virtual Assistant or Agent to discuss the issue and seek further assistance.