While streaming on Google Chrome, you can come across a Funimation black screen that stops you from watching your favorite Anime on the site. This usually happens when some extensions, corrupt cache, or cookies hinder Funimation’s ability to stream. However, there may be a chance that the site is not opening correctly or something is interfering with the site’s web player.
Some users can open the site but face video stuttering during playback. In some cases, the audio/video controls were also missing. This caused dissatisfaction among the users as they could not watch Anime online.
In this guide, we will discuss some quick fixes that will resolve your issue in a few minutes to continue watching from where you left.
Check the server status
Due to popular demand, Funimation can face unexpected crashes or downtime. During which, users are most commonly encountered with a black screen. The first logical step is to refresh your page. If the Funimation servers face a light error, you will be able to resume playback as soon as the servers are operational.
If you still get a black screen after refreshing the page a couple of times. There is a possibility that Funimation is facing technical difficulties, and you should retry after a few minutes. However, if it still does not work, it could mean that the Funimation servers are down.
You can check the Funimation server status here.
Try another network to fix the black screen
There is a possibility that your ISP has put some safeguard protocols and has blocked Funimation. This step is taken as a traffic control action and prohibits access to the site. Firstly, we will try to connect to another available internet connection.
If you ever helped out your neighbors with their Wi-Fi problem, then there is a good chance you have their password. Follow these steps to switch your internet connection:
- Exit Chrome.
- Open the Task Manager and stop all processes related to Chrome.
- Click on the Wi-Fi icon on the right side bottom corner of your screen.
- From the Available Wi-Fi Connections list, select your neighbor’s Wi-Fi.
- Enter the password to connect.
- Now, Open Chrome and Navigate to Funimation’s site.
- Play anything to see if your problem has been resolved or not.
If you don’t have access to another internet connection, use your mobile data as a hotspot instead.
Let’s say if neither of the two options has resolved your issue, then it’s not your internet connection. Maybe Chrome is having problems playing from the website.
Disable Chrome’s extensions and see if it helps
Extensions play an essential part in enhancing the functionality of Google Chrome, but sometimes users may encounter issues. These extensions can interfere with the website’s technology and give users a black screen while streaming from Funimation on their laptops.
One way to check whether your extensions are interfering with the site or not is to open an incognito window and access the site. If there is no black screen and you can easily watch Anime, then the extensions are the culprit. Here is how you can remove them from Chrome:
- Launch Chrome.
- Click the Extensions icon on the top corner of the address bar.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Manage Extensions.
- Now, you can disable all extensions from the toggle buttons.
- Exit Chrome.
- Reopen Chrome and check if the problem is resolved.
Consider clearing Cookies and Cache to clear Funimation Black Screen
However, since Chrome stores cookies and cache to boost the browser’s performance and improve user experience, they can get corrupted. If the Funimation website opened in an incognito window, it means the site is working, and there is a problem with your browser. In case the problem persists after disabling the extensions, this means that your cookies or cache are also corrupted and causing interference. These steps will guide you to remove cookies and cache from your browser:
- Launch Chrome browser.
- The three dots on the top right corner of your browser represent the menu; click on it.
- In the drop-down menu, take your cursor to More Tools.
- This will create a sub-menu from where you will select Clear browsing data.
- Now, select All time from the Time range drop-down menu and choose All Categories.
- Once everything is selected, click on the Clear data button.
- After all cookies and cache have been deleted from your browser, proceed by relaunching Chrome.
- As soon as Chrome starts, check if Funimation black screen error is fixed or not.
If all else fails, reinstall Chrome
Even after trying all of the other options, what if Funimation still gives a black screen on Chrome but works perfectly in an incognito window? There could be a possibility that your Chrome installation is facing some technical difficulties. Here is how you can do that:
- Download the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Click on the search button located on your taskbar.
- Type “Add or Remove Programs“
- Here, you will find all of your installed programs. Scroll down till you find Google Chrome in your list.
- Right-click on the icon to view more options.
- Select Uninstall from the list.
- The uninstaller will automatically uninstall Chrome.
- Once complete, you should restart your laptop.
- After your laptop turns on, navigate where the application was downloaded and launch the installer.
- Chrome will be automatically installed on your laptop.
- As soon as Chrome opens the tab, sign in using your Google account and go the Funimation’s website to see if the problem has been resolved.
Still not resolved?
After trying all of these options, if the error persists, then there is a possibility that Funimation’s servers are facing a long-term technical issue. The problem is not on your end anymore. All you can do is wait for them to resolve the issue at their end so you can continue watching your favorite Anime. Let us know which option worked for you.
Leave a comment