Is your streaming entertainment experience being ruined with the YouView YVM104 BT error popping up on the TV screen? Here’s everything you need to know about the issue and how to resolve it.
Gone are the days of cable TV and being subjugated to the handful of programs that the cable company forced you to watch. Entertainment has come a long way in the past decade, all thanks to premium media streaming services, one of which has been YouView. The streaming service offers some of the most sought-after channels from the UK and around the world.
However, the service can end up being less than appealing at times, with bad connection errors such as the YVM104 BT error popping up. The service error is usually regarded with the YouView service issues, where the system is not able to connect to the system. Whether you’re a BT or a TalkTalk customer who has received the YouView service as a free add-on, this issue can occur regardless.
How to Fix YouView YVM104 BT Error
According to the experts on the community forums, this specific error seems to occur due to “low bandwidth”, but it could well be an accumulation of several issues all at once. We’ve gone through some of the most common, tried, and tested fixes down below:
Reboot the Box
- Press and hold the Power button on your set-top box for 10 seconds, and then let go.
- Now, press the Power button once again, and wait until the indicator light turns on.
- You will be greeted with a “Hello” after successful bootup, so go ahead and check to see the issue is fixed.
Check the Internet Connection
- More often than not, the internet connection is the issue behind the YVM104 BT error, so check the network by connecting it to another device.
- If you’re using a wireless network connection, plug out the router and plug it back in after 30 seconds to see if the problem is fixed.
- Disconnect and reconnect to the wireless network from the set-top box, or the Smart TV.
- By heading to Settings – Broadband Connection – Edit connection and set the connection to Auto connect.
- When using an ethernet cable, make sure that the connection line is secure from both ends of the router and the set-top box / TV.
Check Broadband Availability
- Using a metered connection on BT can throttle the speeds, which can lead to the YVM104 BT error.
- Open the web browser and go to broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com.
- Enter your Telephone / Access Line ID / UPRN to log into your account.
- Here, you will be able to check the bandwidth available, which will help you determine if the slow internet connection is behind the issue.
At the end of the day, if none of the quick fixes allow you to fix the issue with your YouView entertainment system, you might have to reach out to the YouView support team. Do let us know what you think about it, and if you were able to resolve it yourself with some other neat trick.