Finding that your Sky Q box keeps losing sound is a problem that many Sky users have faced. The issue can be caused by a faulty Sky box or the audio settings on your television.
In this guide, we have prepared some simple DIY fixes as we explore further why the Sky Q sound issue arises.
Why Does Sky Sound Keep Cutting Out?
The sound on your Sky box could have been cut off due to the following reasons.
- There could be something wrong with the Sky broadcast that results in intermittent sound cut off
- Your TV settings need adjustments
- You need to upgrade your Sky Q box
- Sky Q box is faulty and needs to be replaced
- Sky Q box is having connectivity issues
What To Do If the Sound Keeps Cutting Out?
If the sound on your Sky Q box keeps cutting off, you can try the following fixes.
Restart your box
To fix the intermittent sound issue on your Sky Q box, a simple restart can do the trick. To do this:
- Press the Standby button on your Sky Q box remote
- Unplug the box from the mains
- Wait for 30 seconds and turn your Sky Q box from the mains
- Wait for a few minutes and then press Sky to turn on your Sky Q box
Change TV Settings
Sometimes, your TV settings result in a sound loss on your Sky Q box. To diagnose and fix the issue on your TV, plug one end of the RF cable into the TV and the other into RF out one on your Sky box. Use your Sky remote to switch the Sky Q box on.
Next, enter the menu on your TV and scroll to the installation section that can be found under the Settings on some T sets. Select the manual channel scan and press Ok.
Change the scan or search type to Analog. Next, scroll down to the TV system and change it from “BGE” to “I” to ensure that the channel is set to 68. Press Ok. After a short moment, the Sky home page will show and you should have your sound issue fixed. If the sound issue persists, go back to the Installation option and change the search type to Automatic.
Upgrade Sky Box
Quite a few users reported that the sound keeps cutting off in their Sky Q 1TB box. However, their sound issues got fixed when they upgraded from 1TB to a Sky Q 2TB box.
Sometimes, disabling the 5GH hot spot on your main Sky Q box fixes the intermittent sound cutting issue. To do this:
- Press the Home button on Sky remote and go to Settings
- Type in 0 0 1 and click on Select
- Go to Network connection and turn off 2GHz and 5GHz networking to fix connectivity issues
When your Sky Q box loses the sound intermittently, you cannot enjoy your favorite picture and recordings. We hope this article helped you figure out how to get your sound back to normal on a Sky Q box. However, you can contact Sky support if the above fixes fail to sort out the sound issue on your Sky Q box.