One common issue that TikTok users appear to be facing is that TikTok will automatically log them out of their accounts.
Here are some of the possible reasons TikTok may be automatically logging you out:
- Unauthorized access to your account
- Servers are down
- Poor internet connection
- Account disabled
- Recently updated app
- Unauthorized access to your account
There are 5 simple steps to fix all of these issues, which are:
- Change your TikTok password
- Check your internet connection
- Check your account security
- Check TikTok server status
- Check your TikTok account status
In this post, I’ll go through exactly why you might be getting logged out automatically by TikTok, and the simple fixes to solve this problem.
Why Does TikTok Log Me Out?
One of the most common reasons TikTok keeps logging you out is unauthorized access to your account. If someone tries removing an active device from the account settings, this will result in your account being automatically logged out.
The other possible reasons are less likely, but include:
- The TikTok Servers are down
- You have a poor internet connection
- Your TikTok account is disabled
- You have recently updated app
- Unauthorized access to your account has happened without you knowing
Let’s take a look at the ways of fixing all these issues.
How do I stop TikTok from automatically logging me out? 5 Step Fix
1. Change Your Password
This will stop anyone accessing your account without you knowing.
To change your TikTok account password, follow these steps…
To reset a password while logged in:
1. Tap Profile in the bottom right.
2. Tap the 3-line icon in the top right.
3. Tap Settings and Privacy.
4. Tap Manage account > Password.
5. Follow instruction to reset your password.
To reset a password when you are not logged in:
1. Tap Sign up.
2. Tap Log in at the bottom of the page.
3. Select Use phone / email / username.
4. Choose Email / Username.
5. Tap Forgot password?
6. Choose to reset password with Phone number or Email.
Note: For users who’ve joined TikTok using another social media account, passwords will need to be reset from that platform.
2. Check your internet connection
If TikTok cannot detect an internet connection you will be unable to log in to the app and use its features.
Try resetting your internet router or using your other apps/internet browser to see if they are functioning normally.
The easiest way to fix a weak internet connection is to buy a Wi-Fi signal booster. This is a box that you plug in within your home, and it boosts the speed and connection strength of your Wi-Fi across multiple devices.
The one that I really recommend is the Wifi Extender Signal Booster by Netfun.
Compatible with 99% of routers on the market, this booster is both really economical and also…it works!
3. Check your account security
If you are being logged out of TikTok it could be that your account is compromised. Luckily, TikTok has a feature that lets you see users who have previously logged in.
- Launch the TikTok app and log into your account
- Tap on your Profile in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen
- On the Settings window tap on Privacy & Safety
- Tap on ‘Personalization & Data‘
- Click ‘Download your data‘
- You should now see two tabs displaying ‘Request data‘ and ‘Download Data‘
- Click Request Data which is a ZIP file that contains your account data including your profile activity
- Wait up to 48 hours before being able to download the data. Your browser will download the ZIP file to your device.
4. Check TikTok server status
Are the TikTok servers currently down? If TikTok is down it could result in you being logged out of the app or unable to sign back in.
To check the server status we recommend checking DownDetector.
DownDetector is a tool that allows users to report issues they are facing and will show live outages that could be preventing you from logging in.
5. Check your TikTok account status
The easiest way to know if your TikTok account has been disabled is you will see a banner notification appear the next time you load the app.
If no banner appears, it will indicate you are experiencing another login issue.
If your account has been disabled, you can submit an appeal by following these instructions:
- Tap the banner notification
- Click Appeal
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Final solutions to stop TikTok from automatically logging you out
Hopefully, after following these steps you are logged successfully back into your account and will stop being randomly logged out.
If you are still experiencing issues then make sure you are running the latest version of the app by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
If none of these solutions helped, you will need to contact the TikTok official support team here.