One common issue that TikTok users appear to be facing is that TikTok will automatically log them out of their accounts.
One of the most common reasons TikTok keeps logging you out is unauthorized access to your account. If someone tries removing an active device from the account settings, this will result in your account being automatically logged out.
Thankfully, there are a few solutions to getting logged back in and preventing TikTok from logging you out again.
Why does TikTok keep logging me out?
Here are some of the other possible reasons TikTok may be automatically logging you out:
- Servers are down
- Poor internet connection
- Account disabled
- Recently updated app
- Unauthorized access to your account
How do I stop TikTok from automatically logging me out?
Now that we have looked at some possible reasons TikTok may keep logging you out, let’s look at some potential solutions.
Check your account security
If you are being logged out of TikTok it could be that your account is compromised. Luckily, TikTok has a feature that lets you see users who have previously logged in.
- Launch the TikTok app and log into your account
- Tap on your Profile in the bottom-right corner of the screen
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right corner of the screen
- On the Settings window tap on Privacy & Safety
- Tap on ‘Personalization & Data‘
- Click ‘Download your data‘
- You should now see two tabs displaying ‘Request data‘ and ‘Download Data‘
- Click Request Data which is a ZIP file that contains your account data including your profile activity
- Wait up to 48 hours before being able to download the data. Your browser will download the ZIP file to your device.
Check TikTok server status
Are the TikTok servers currently down? If TikTok is down it could result in you being logged out of the app or unable to sign back in.
To check the server status we recommend checking DownDetector. DownDetector is a tool that allows users to report issues they are facing and will show live outages that could be preventing you from logging in.
Check your TikTok account status
The easiest way to know if your TikTok account has been disabled is you will see a banner notification appear the next time you load the app.
If no banner appears, it will indicate you are experiencing another login issue.
If your account has been disabled, you can submit an appeal by following these instructions:
- Tap the banner notification
- Click Appeal
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Check your internet connection
If TikTok cannot detect an internet connection you will be unable to log in to the app and use its features.
Try resetting your internet router or using your other apps/internet browser to see if they are functioning normally.
Final solutions to stop TikTok from automatically logging you out
Hopefully, after following these steps you are logged successfully back into your account and will stop being randomly logged out.
If you are still experiencing issues then make sure you are running the latest version of the app by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. If none of these solutions helped, you will need to contact the TikTok official support team here.