Many users have encountered the problem where Fortnite won’t login on PS5. The most common reasons are:
- The player’s account is not linked to the Playstation Network Account
- The player’s Epic Games account is not verified
- A slow or unstable wifi connection
- Login issues because you are connected to another account
- Server issues
In this post, I’ll take a look at each of these 5 problems, so you can troubleshoot which is applicable to you and then fix it permanently.
The main 4 steps to fix the issue are:
- Check your internet connection
- Restart the game
- Clear the cache
- Delete your PS5 account
Let’s go through everything so you can get this issue fixed.
Why Fortnite won’t login to PS5? 5 Most Common Reasons
There can be several reasons for Fortnite login issues on PS5.
1. Player’s Account Not Linked To Their Play Station Network Account
The most common reason is that the player’s account is not linked to their PlayStation Network account. This can be fixed easily by visiting the Fortnite website and linking your account to your PlayStation Network account.
2. Epic Games Account Not Verified
Another common reason why Fortnite won’t login on PS5 is that the player’s Epic Games account is not verified. This can be done by going to the Epic Games website and verifying your email address.
3. Wifi Connection
A slow or unstable network connection can also cause you to experience Fortnite login issues.
4. You Are Associated With A Different Account
Sometimes you face login issues because you are already associated with a different account. You get the message while trying to link a PS5 account to Epic Games.
This usually happens when you fail to link the account correctly, and Epic Games then automatically creates an account for PS5.
And you don’t have the login details because you haven’t created the account that is connected.
5. Server Issues
Server issues also don’t allow you to log into your Fortnite account on PS5.
When the server is down, the only thing you can do is to wait until Epic Games fixes it.
How do I log into Fortnite on PS5?
If you are new to PS5, you might be wondering how to log into Fortnite. Here is how you can do that:
1. Make sure your PS5 is connected to the internet.
2. On your PS5 home screen, go to the Settings icon.
3. Scroll down to Account Management and select it.
4. Select Sign In and enter your PlayStation Network account information.
5. Once you are signed in, go back to the PS5 home screen and launch Fortnite.
6. When prompted, select Sign In With Epic Games.
7. Enter your Epic Games account information, and you will be logged into Fortnite on PS5.
How do I fix Fortnite login failed error on PS5? 4 Actions
Follow these actions to get yourself back up and running…
1. Check your Internet Connection
First, make sure that your PS5 is connected to the internet.
If it is not, you won’t be able to log in to Fortnite. If you are connected to the internet, then a slow or unstable network connection might be causing the issue.
To fix this, try rebooting your router or modem.
You can also check your internet speed to make sure you are getting what you are paying for. If you get the unwanted results, there are a few things you can do to improve your internet speed:
- One thing you can do is change your DNS server. This can be done in your router’s settings, or you can use a public DNS server like Google Public DNS or Cloudflare DNS.
- You can also try to change your router’s channel. If you live in a crowded area, there may be a lot of interference on the 2.4GHz band, so try switching to the 5GHz band.
- Finally, if you have different devices connected to your network, try disconnecting some of them to free up bandwidth.
2. Restart the Game
Once you have checked that your PS5 is connected to the internet and there are no network issues, restart the game and try logging in again.
This can sometimes fix minor glitches that might be causing the login issue.
3. Clear your PS5’s Cache
Another reason why Fortnite won’t login on PS5 is the cache memory.
If you are still having trouble logging in, you can try clearing your PS5’s cache. To do this, follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by holding the power button for 3 seconds.
- Press and hold the power button again and release it when you hear the second beep.
- Next, connect the controller using the USB cable and hit the PS button on the controller.
- After entering into the Safe Mode, you will see several options.
- Select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database option.
- Next, choose Clear System Software Cache.
- After doing this, restart your PS5 to check whether the issue is resolved.
4. Delete your PS5 Account
Deleting your PS5 account can also help if you are already associated with a different account.
Here is how to delete your PS5 account from the console:
- From the upper right corner of the screen, click on the cog icon.
- You will enter into Settings.
- Inside Settings, click on Users and Accounts.
- Click on Users and then delete the account.
- Click Confirm to start the deletion process.
Fortnite is a hugely popular game that millions of people play every day. However, there have been reports of players having trouble logging into the game on their PlayStation 5 consoles.
In this guide, we have outlined some potential solutions to this problem. If you are experiencing issues logging into Fortnite on your PS5 console, we hope that our tips will help you get back in the game.