WhatsApp has made it easy for people to stay in touch with others, but you might wonder if it is possible to call a number that is not in your contacts.
To call a number on WhatsApp that is not in your contacts, add the person to your phone book first. If you don’t want to add the person to your phone contacts, open “Chrome” on your phone, type in “wa.me/country code (phone number), tap the search icon on the keyboard, and select “Continue to Chat.” This will redirect to WhatsApp (if installed on your phone) and open the chat. Now, tap the “Video/Audio” call icon.
In this article, we’ll explain how to call a number on WhatsApp that is not in your contacts list. We’ll also discuss whether non-contact numbers can call you on WhatsApp.
How to call a number on WhatsApp not in contacts?
If you want to make a call to a number on WhatsApp that is not in your contacts, try these 6 step-by-step workarounds.
Add the Number to Your Contact
WhatsApp does not allow you to call a number directly without adding them to your contacts. Therefore, if you want to reach out to someone, add them to your phone book and call them via WhatsApp this way:
- Open “Contacts.”
- Select “+” or “Add.”
- Enter the first/last name of the person you want to call on WhatsApp
- Type in the phone number.
- Tap “Save.”
- Open “Phone.”
- Select “Contacts.”
- Select “+.”
- Type in the first and last name of the person you want to call.
- Select “Add Phone.”
- Enter the phone number.
- Tap “Done.”
Once you add the contact to your phone book, open “WhatsApp” and tap the “Chat” icon. Then, tap the three dots, tap “Refresh” to add the contact to your list, and open the chat box to make a video or audio call.
Use WhatsApp Short Link
You can also use the WhatsApp short link to make an audio or video call to a number without adding them to your contacts.
To do this:
- Open “Chrome” or any other browser on your phone.
- Type in “wa.me/country code(phone number)” in the search bar, i.e., wa.me/99318XXXXXXXX.
- Tap “GO” or the “Search” icon on the keyboard.
- If the contact is using WhatsApp, you’ll see the “Continue to Chat” option. Tap it.
- You’ll be redirected to the WhatsApp application on your phone, and the chat room will open.
Now, tap the “Audio/Video Call” icon at the top-right corner of the WhatsApp Chat screen to call the number without saving it.
NOTE: For this method to work, you must have the WhatsApp application installed on your phone beforehand. Otherwise, the platform will redirect to WhatsApp web.
Make a Call From the Group
If the person shares the same WhatsApp group with you, you can call them through the participant list without adding them to your contacts.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open “WhatsApp.”
- Open the group chat.
- Tap the group info and scroll to the participants section.
- Tap the phone number.
- Select “Message (contact number)” to open the WhatsApp chat room.
- Tap the “Audio/Video Call” icon to start calling the number, and that’s about it!
Send The Contact To Your Chat
Another way to call someone on WhatsApp who is not your contact is to ask your friend to send you their phone number. Then, use the “Message” option to make an audio or video call:
- Ask the person to open “WhatsApp.”
- Select your chat.
- Tap the “Paper Pin” icon at the bottom right of the screen next to the “Send” button.
- Tap “Contact.”
- Choose the contact to send it to you.
- Tap “Send.”
Once you receive the contact on WhatsApp, open the app, tap “Message” to open chat, and tap “Video or Audio Call” to contact the number without saving it.
Use WhatsApp Mod
WhatsApp has some unofficial versions or mods available as APK files in the market, such as:
- AZWhatsApp, and others.
These mods offer more features than the official app and can improve your overall WhatsApp experience.
Unlike the official app, you can use the “Message a Number” feature in mod versions to call a number that is not in your contact list. Here, we are using the example of GBWhatsApp, but the exact step might differ based on the mod you are using:
- Open “GBWhatsApp.”
- Tap the three dots.
- Select “Message a Number” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the phone number that you want to call to open the chat box.
- Tap “Video” / “Audio Call,” and that’s it!
Initiate Call From Their Chat
If you recently chatted with any person on WhatsApp, you can call them through their chat without adding the contact number to your phone book.
- Open “WhatsApp.”
- Open the chat of the non-contact person you want to call.
- Tap the “Video or Audio Call” icon to call the person, and that’s all about it!
Can non-contacts call on WhatsApp?
Since you want to call a number on WhatsApp without saving their contact on your list, you may want to know if non-contact numbers can reach out to you.
Well, if the person has your registered WhatsApp number, they can call you unless you have already blocked them.
When a non-contact number message you the first time, WhatsApp give you a warning message saying, “The Sender is Not in Your Contact List.” The app also provides you with three options:
- Report Spam.
- Add to Contact.
You can select any of the given options according to your preferences. If you choose “Block,” the person will be unable to call you again.
In case you do not want to take any action (Block, Report, or Add to Contact), simply start chatting or calling the person or ignoring them.
To block the person later to prevent them from calling or texting you, simply open their chat and tap the “Block” option. If the option is unavailable, tap the three dots, tap “More,” and tap “Block.” Afterward, tap “Block” again to confirm the action.
In this guide, we’ve explored 6 methods to call a number on WhatsApp that is not in your contacts. We’ve also clarified whether non-contacts can reach out to you via call on WhatsApp.
Hopefully, with these workarounds at your disposal, you can now connect with non-contact numbers through WhatsApp.