The ITV Hub is a free streaming app that lets users watch ITV shows live or on-demand on their smart TVs, tablets, mobiles, computers, as well as on the new Sky Glass. However, a handful of users are facing problems with the ITV hub not working on their Sky Glass.
If ITV hub is not working on your Sky Glass, this happens when the ITV hub glitches or Sky Glass software is not compatible with the app. To get the ITV Hub working again on your Sky Glass, reset the app cache or update the Sky Glass software to the latest version.
Are you one of the users experiencing ITV hub crashing on your Sky Glass? We’ll explain in detail why you are facing this issue and how you can fix it without any hassle.
Why does ITV Hub crash on my Sky glass?
There are several reasons why ITV Hub is crashing or not working on your Sky Glass TV.
- Your internet connection is poor or has unstable Wi-Fi signals.
- You have fast-forwarded an advert, causing the app to go black, crash, and not work on Glass TV.
- The ITV Hub app cache data is corrupted.
- The ITV hub server is experiencing an outage.
- Sky Glass is running on an outdated version which is not compatible with ITV Hub.
How do I fix ITV hub on my Sky Glass TV?
ITV hub not working on Sky Glass? Here are five solutions to get this annoyance out of the way.
Restart the Sky glass
If the ITV hub is not working, try restarting your Sky Glass to soft reset it and remove any glitches the app or device faces. To do so:
- Unplug all the cables from the Sky glass, especially the power cable.
- Wait for 2 minutes and after the elapsed time, plug back in all the cables.
- Now, wait for 15 seconds again and press the Power button to turn on your Sky Glass.
- Afterward, launch the ITV hub and see if it has started working.
Troubleshoot the internet connection
If the ITV hub is facing an error or not working on Sky Glass, it might be due to a poor internet connection.
First, check if other apps are also not working or facing slow loading issues on your Glass TV. If yes, there might be some problem with your Wi-Fi, or you might not be connected to the internet at all.
To check your network on Sky Glass, do the following:
- On your Sky Glass remote, press the Home button.
- Now, choose the Settings > Setup options.
- Next, select the Network option and see if you are connected to the internet.
If the screen on Glass TV confirms a successful connection, run a speed test. In case of unsatisfactory results, do the following for a stable and fast network connection.
- Restart your router or modem and re-establish the connection.
- Bring your modem closer to the Sky glass or vice versa.
- Increase your network bandwidth for better speed.
- Contact your ISP to fix backend issues.
- Once the internet is stable, launch the ITV hub on Sky Glass to see if it works.
- Finally, try using an Ethernet cable to connect your Glass TV directly with the router.
Reset the ITV Hub app
Although you cannot delete the ITV hub cache, you can reset it to default and check if it is working again on Sky Glass. Doing so will erase all your data from the app, and you will have to sign in again. To reset the ITV Hub app:
- Grab your Sky remote, press the Home button, and select the ITV Hub app from the apps section.
- Press 0000777 to reset the app.
- If the ITV hub is not opening, head over to the device Settings > System Management and scroll down to the Resets & Updates option.
- Now, select the Refresh Apps and choose the ITV hub to reset it.
- Once the hub is reset, launch the app and verify the fix.
Update the Sky Glass Firmware
An older software version of the Sky Glass TV might not be compatible with the ITV Hub app, leading to loading errors. Therefore, ensure to update your device to the latest firmware.
To check for an update on your Sky Glass:
- Head over to the Settings > System Management on your Sky Glass screen.
- Now, scroll down and select the Resets and Updates option.
- Choose the Updates option and see if any new updates are available.
- Allow your Sky Glass to update the firmware automatically.
- Once the update is done, open the ITV hub and check if it is working now.
Note: Do not fast-forward any ads on the ITV hub, as this causes the hub to crash and stop working on Sky Glass.
Check ITV hub service status
Sometimes, the ITV service might be down due to technical issues, resulting in the app malfunction. In this scenario, wait for the developers to fix the issues and get the service back up and running.
You can also report the issue to the ITV support team or Sky Glass support team and wait for their response regarding the service status.
How do I factory reset my Sky Glass?
If you are still unable to use the ITV Hub on your device, reset Sky Glass to the factory settings by following the steps below:
- Grab your Sky Glass remote and go to the Settings menu.
- Now, head over to the System Management and select the Resets and Updates option.
- Afterward, select the Factory reset option to initiate the reset process and confirm when prompted.
- Once the Sky Glass is reset to factory settings, configure it.
- Finally, open the ITV hub, and it should be working now.
Sky Glass TV is a new gadget and does not require a cable, box, or dish to access various streaming services. However, the latest tech does bring out unique issues with apps, such as the “ITV Hub not working on Sky Glass” issue.
Hopefully, the quick solutions mentioned above have helped you watch the ITV content again on your new Glass TV.
Leave a comment