Wondering why New World won’t let you craft any tools such as added stained glass and fireworks? Are you trying to craft the tools from your inventory and seeing a “Can’t craft” error message?
A lot of New World users reported that ever since they applied the new game update, they haven’t been able to craft anything in their first craft mission. They tried putting all the items in the correct slots but still faced the same issue.
The problem occurs when the players forge the way quest and gather stones, woods, hides, etc. This triggers the second part of the quest for the players to craft these raw materials.
However, the crafting station simply throws an error that it can’t craft.
Luckily, it’s an easy fix! Let’s discuss how you can resolve this issue.
Is crafting important in New World?
Crafting is tied into food preparation and camping In the New World. You need to gather raw materials before you can craft them and make the most use out of them.
In the long term, better crafting tools mean efficient gatherings such as chopping down trees, collecting herbs, or smashing up boulders.
While traveling between your objective, gathering components through exploring is time-consuming. However, once you find them, the towns in the New World are full of crafting stations to craft your early starting point tools for a greater benefit.
How to fix crafting issues in New World?
If New World is not letting you craft and throwing an error, try the following troubleshooting steps.
Uninstall and reinstall worlds
Quite a few New World players got success in fixing the crafting issue by uninstalling and reinstalling their worlds. We recommend that you export your world or worlds before continuing with this fix. To do this:
- Uninstall all the worlds to revert the game to its default settings
- Redownload all skins, packs, etc (New World lets you do that for free)
- Now re-gather the resources and try to craft them
Reset the quest
If the above fix fails to fix the crafting issue, you can try resetting your quest. To do this:
- Press the “J” key on your keyboard to open a quest journal
- Locate the quest with the crafting issue
- Click the Reset button located below the Pin button
- Next, you’ll see a confirmation window. Click to confirm the action
- Log out and log back into New World (You may need to wait a few hours in the queue to log back in)
- Launch the quest and re-gather the materials
- Now you will be able to craft your resources
Use curser the right way
The “Can’t craft” error in New World emerged after the recent game update. Players are in a habit of crafting by pressing the “X” button on the left side of the screen.
This method is true of the older game version. However, when you try this with the new version, you get the “Can’t craft” error on your screen.
To do it right, you need to put your cursor on the crafting table on the right side of the screen. Afterward, you’ll see “Use pull LS trigger” and then you will be able to craft.
Keep Windows up to date
Amazon Games’ colonial MMO is playable on Windows PC. Therefore, you need to make sure that your Windows system is up to date. To manually check for Windows updates:
- Press Win on your system’s keyboard and click on the gear icon on the left side
- Scroll down and click on Update and Security
- Next, click on Windows update and then click on Check for updates
- Wait for the process to complete and the screen shows a “You’re up to date” message
- Restart your computer, launch New World, and verify that the “Can’t craft” error is fixed
We hope that his short guide provided you with enough information to let New World craft your gatherings. However, if the “Can’t craft” error persists, try these fixes after increasing your PC’s virtual memory and deleting the “save data” folder and “user_preload_settings” file in the app data folder. Good luck!!!