Are you ready to immerse into the virtual world using your Oculus Quest, but a white light starts flashing and ruining your experience? Luckily, there are a few simple steps to resolve this problem.
If your Oculus is flashing white light then the headset is not fully charged or the firmware could be outdated. To solve the issue, charge the headset for at least 2 hours and try updating the firmware using the Meta Quest app.
Let’s take a closer look at what causes the Oculus Quest to flash white light and explore some tried and tested solutions that have helped many users to troubleshoot this issue.
Why Does Oculus Quest Flash White Light?
If your Oculus Quest is flashing periodic white light on the screen without display or doing the same on the controller, one of the following might be the reasons:
- The touch controller is not paired correctly.
- The Oculus Quest touch controller or headset is experiencing minor technical glitches.
- Faulty or damaged batteries in the controller.
- The headset is not fully charged.
- The charging source is faulty.
- Outdated Oculus Quest firmware.
How Do I Fix the White Light Flashing on Oculus?
Here are some quick and effective solutions to fix the white light flashing on your Oculus Quest touch controller or headset.
Restart the Oculus Quest
First and foremost, try restarting your Oculus Quest to resolve any minor technical glitches causing the headset to flash white light.
- Press & hold the “Power” button on the Oculus Quest headset for at least 10 seconds to turn it off.
- Wait 30 seconds and press the “Power” button to turn on the Oculus Quest headset.
If the problem persists, do the following steps to load into the boot screen:
- Press and hold the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons on the headset simultaneously.
- Release the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons when the boot screen loads.
- Now, exit the boot menu, try turning on your Oculus headset normally, and see if the device still flashes white light.
Charge the Oculus Quest
It is possible that your Oculus Quest is not fully charged, resulting in the white light issue. To counteract this, charge the device for approximately 2 hours.
You can charge the device using the included USB-C adapter or the Quest 2 charging dock, which can simultaneously charge the headset and controllers.
Some users have reported that if the battery is not fully charged, they experience a black screen with audio on their Oculus Quest.
Note: If your Oculus Quest is not charging or is slow charging, try using a different power source.
Unpair and Re-pair the Oculus Controllers
The next solution is to unpair and re-pair the Oculus touch controllers with the headset in the following way to refresh the connection:
- Turn in your headset and launch the “Meta Quest“ app on your phone.
- Tap “Menu.”
- Tap “Devices.”
- Select “Controllers.”
- Choose the controller you want to unpair.
- Tap “Unpair Controller.”
- Now, re-pair the controller with your Oculus headset and see if it still flashes white light.
Change the Batteries
Faulty or damaged batteries can also cause your Oculus Quest controller to flash white light. Therefore, remove the batteries from the controller, replace them with new AA batteries, and verify the fix.
Update the Oculus Quest Firmware
Another solution is to update your Oculus Quest headset in the following way to install new software patches that can help resolve the white light issue:
- Launch the “Meta Quest“ app on your iOS or Android device.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Tap the headset you want to update.
- Go to “More Settings.”
- Select “Advanced Settings.”
- Select “Update Software Automatically,” and your Oculus Quest will automatically install the new software updates.
- Launch the “Oculus” app on your PC.
- Select “Library.”
- Click “Updates,” and the app will start looking for new software updates to install them.
Updating the headset can also help you resolve the Oculus error code hdslvc2.
Reset the Oculus Quest
If updating the Oculus Quest does not resolve the white light flashing issue, try resetting the headset to its default settings.
- Launch the “Meta Quest” app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Tap “Devices.”
- Tap the headset you want to reset.
- Go to “Advanced Settings.”
- Tap “Factory Reset.”
- Tap “Reset,” and the problem should be resolved now.
Many users have also fixed the Oculus Quest 2 error casting to other devices by resetting the gadget.
Reach Out To Oculus Support
Have you tried all the solutions above and still experiencing the white light issue on your Oculus?
Simply head to the Oculus Support page, choose the product, address your issue, and you’ll be provided with email, chat, and callback options to contact the Support agent.
When the contact is established, guide the agent in detail about the flashing white light and see what they can do to resolve this issue.
With Oculus Quest, the possibilities are endless, but many users report that their headset screen turns black with periodic white light flashing.
To help you with this, we’ve outlined some effective solutions to help you resolve the Oculus flashing white light issue so that you can get back to enjoying all the features of the VR set without running into further problems.