Sky Go is one of the most popular streaming services, which allows its subscribers to watch their favorite shows. However, there’s nothing more annoying than logging in to the app to spend some leisure time and getting the Sky Go error code 50-2.
If you are getting the Sky Go error code 50-2 on your device, this usually happens due to corrupt installation files. To get rid of the error, uninstall the Sky Go app from your Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS device and reinstall the updated version.
Many users have been reporting the error code and wonder how they can resolve it. In this article, we will discuss why this happens and outline some easy troubleshooting steps for users who encounter this error code.
Why am I getting Error Code 50-2 on Sky Go?
If you’re getting an Error Code 50-2 while watching Sky Go on your device, you’re not alone. This seems to be a recurring issue and is particularly frustrating if you’re not getting any answers.
Here is why you are getting the error code:
- You have an internet connection issue on your device.
- The Firewall settings on Windows and Mac are preventing the app from functioning.
- The app’s installation file has become corrupted.
- There is too much load on your device processor.
How to Resolve Sky Go Error Code 50-2 on Mac?
First and foremost, check the internet connection and close other high graphics apps to reduce the overload. Ensure that the Wi-Fi signals are strong and have no backend issue.
If your internet connection is working fine, then follow the methods below to resolve the Sky Go error code 50-2 on your Mac:
If the firewall on your computer or device is blocking access to the Sky Go desktop app, you may not be able to watch programs. You can disable the firewall temporarily to resolve this issue:
- To disable the Firewall on your Mac, click on the Apply icon and navigate to System Preferences.
- Now, select the Safety Choice and then Security & Privacy.
- Head over to the Firewall tab and click on the Turn-Off Firewall option.
- Lastly, try accessing Sky Go and see if the issue persists.
Uninstalled the app and reinstall
Your Sky Go installation files might have been corrupted, generating the error code. Simply uninstall the app and reinstall it by following the steps below:
- Open your Mac and go to the Finder app.
- Click on the Application folder, locate the Sky Go app and remove it.
- Next, click on the Spotlight icon.
- Afterward, search Sky Go and select the show all choices option.
- Delete all the Sky Go installation files and head over to the browser.
- Go to the official Sky Go website and download the app and see if this fixes the issue.
How to resolve error code 50-2 on Windows?
To fix the error code on your Windows, check your internet connection, restart the app, or close all other Windows apps from the Task Manager.
If the issue persists, follow the below approaches:
Disable Windows Defender Firewall
Windows Defender Firewall protects your PC from hackers and malicious attacks and can prevent certain apps from accessing the internet or performing certain functions, resulting in error codes.
Try temporarily disabling the Firewall in the following way to resolve the Sky Go error code:
- Head over to the Control Panel from the search bar and click on the System and Security.
- Now, navigate to the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Under the Private and Public option, choose the Turn Off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) and click on the OK option.
- Head over to the Sky Go app to verify the fix.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
Uninstall the Sky Go app on your Windows computer and reinstall it to remove corrupted installation files and fix the error code 50-2:
To do so:
- From your PC, navigate to the Search bar and type Control Panel.
- Next, open the Control Panel and navigate to the Programs.
- Locate the Sky Go app and click on the Uninstall option.
- Head over to the official Sky Go website and download the new version of the app.
How to resolve error code 50-2 on your iPhone?
If you are getting error code 50-2 on your iPhone, switch from cellular data to Wi-Fi connection, close the app and relaunch, or uninstall the Sky Go app and reinstall it. However, if the issue persists, do the following:
Restart your iPhone
Sometimes minor glitches on the app can result in an error code on the Sky Go app. You can resolve the glitches in the following way:
- Grab your iPhone and press the Power button for a few seconds.
- A slider will appear on your screen, so slide to the off position.
- Again, press the Power button for a few seconds, and your device will turn on.
- Now, launch the Sky Go app and see if this fixes the error.
Note: Try clearing the cache data on your iPhone if restarting does not work.
How to resolve the error code 50-2 on Android?
Are you experiencing error code 50-2 whenever you try to use the Sky Go app on your Android device?
Luckily, you can quickly resolve the error code by troubleshooting your internet connection, restarting your device, or closing and relaunching the app.
However, if you still face the issue, here is what you should try next:
Clear Cache data
If you have huge cache data on your Android device or the cache data is corrupted, your device won’t work efficiently. It can also affect how the Sky Go app performs.
Therefore, you will end up receiving the error code 50-2. To fix this:
- Grab your device and head over to the Settings.
- Select the Apps>Apps options and find the Sky Go app.
- Afterward, tap on the Storage option and select Clear Cache.
- Go to the Sky Go app and check if the error 50-2 is resolved.
We hope that the solutions outlined in this article helped resolve the Sky Go Error Code 50-2, and you can now watch your shows without any interruption. However, if these steps didn’t help you, contact Sky customer service for help.