Does the Sky Q Hub flashing orange internet light always send you into panic mode?
At the same time, while it may seem like the end of the world, it isn’t because there are things you can do to fix the problem.
The trick is to know which steps you can take to fix the problem. This guide will give you that knowledge.
What Is the Meaning of Your Sky Q Hub Flashing Orange Internet Light?
The Sky Q Hub’s internet light starts flashing orange when it is trying to connect to the internet.
Ideally, as the Hub completes its connection to the internet, the flashing orange light should stabilise to white.
However, what can you do if it doesn’t stabilise after five or even 15 minutes? Try the following.
Check Service Status
The Sky Q Hub flashing orange internet light doesn’t always have to be a problem at your end.
Sometimes, the amber light is a sign of service down from Sky too.
So, the first thing you need to do is check the service status.
Reboot The Sky Q Hub
If the service status is stable and you still see the flashing amber light, try rebooting your device.
Along the way, you should also check the wire connections. Here’s how.
- Switch off your Sky Q Hub.
- Remove all the wires from the Hub including the power cable. Unplug the power cable from the power outlet too.
- Wait for two minutes before reconnecting all the wires to the right ports and sockets.
- Connect the power cable to the Hub, plug it in, and restart the device.
- Give the lights time to stabilise.
If you don’t want to mess with the wires and want to try a reboot first, you can use the Reset button.
- Press the Reset button at the back of the device.
- Make sure you don’t press and hold it as that would reset the device instead of rebooting it.
- Wait for the Hub to restart and the lights to stabilise.
Perform A Factory Reset
If all the steps described till now didn’t work, then you need to perform a factory reset on your device.
- To perform a factory reset, press and hold the Reset button at the back of your device.
- Make sure to hold it for 10 seconds or till the lights go off, whichever comes first.
- Your Sky Q Hub will now turn off and turn on again. Once on, it will reacquire the network settings.
- Throughout this process, the lights will keep changing. Once the lights stabilise you should check the connection.
Orange flashing lights are never good when it comes to Sky devices.
All the steps we’ve given in this guide should help you resolve the problem when it is the internet light that is flashing orange.
However, what should you do if it is the power light that is flashing orange?
The Sky Q Hub power light flashing orange usually means that the device is in Recovery Mode. Typically, this happens right after it has undergone a software update.
This light should also stabilise to white after a while. However, if it doesn’t, all you need to do to help it along is reboot your Sky Q Hub.