Is your Samsung TV stuck in demo mode, and you can’t turn it off because the remote is malfunctioning? This article will show why you are facing this issue and how to fix it.
If your Samsung TV is stuck in demo mode, this happens due to a soft error, or the mode comes preactivated from the shop. To turn off demo mode without the remote, press the volume button on the TV and press the Menu button for 15 to 20 seconds afterward.
You can use your remote to access the menu option and disable the demo mode on your Samsung TV. However, if the remote is lost or not working, there is an easy workaround to get all the features back on your TV in no time.
What is Demo Mode or Store Mode on Samsung TV?
Demo mode or store mode on Samsung TV allows the retailers to display simulated demonstrations of the best features of the TV with high colors, contrast, brightness settings, and menu options. The TV will show a preset pattern or video clip in this mode.
Demo mode is also a great feature for shoppers who want to see their options before purchasing by comparing the TV resolution, settings, and features with other brands.
However, when your Samsung TV is stuck in demo mode, and the remote is not working, you may think you are in trouble, but turning back to standard mode is not as difficult as it seems.
How do I get my Samsung TV out of demo mode without remote?
Try the following solutions to turn off demo mode on Samsung TV without a remote.
Using the TV buttons
Samsung TVs come with sleek designs and have a few buttons, including the power On/Off button, home, and volume buttons. You can use these buttons to get your TV out of store mode and start watching your favorite channels on your Samsung TV. To do this:
- First and foremost, turn on your Samsung TV by plugging it into the power supply.
- Locate the buttons on your TV that are usually present at the back or below the screen.
- Press either of the volume buttons until the volume indicator appears on your screen.
- Now, press the Menu button for at least 15 to 20 seconds.
- A message will pop up on your TV screen saying Standard Mode, indicating that your TV’s demo mode is turned off.
- Now, you can tune channels on your Samsung TV and set it up according to your preferences.
- Repeat the process 2 to 3 times if the TV is still stuck in demo mode.
Using the SmartThings app
- Head over to the Google Play Store or App Store and search for the SmartThings app.
- Select the app from the list and tap on the Install option.
- Once the app is installed, tap on the Open option to launch the app.
- Now, create your Samsung ID or sign in if you already have an account.
- A pop-up message will appear. Tap on Add Now to connect your phone to the TV.
- If the message doesn’t appear, click on the Devices option on your app dashboard.
- Now, tap on the Add Device option and select Scan nearby.
- Select your Samsung TV from the list.
- Next, type the PIN on your phone that is appearing on your TV screen.
- Afterward, tap on the Done option.
Finally, you can start using your phone as your Samsung TV remote. Now, follow the method below to turn off the Demo mode.
- Tap on the Home option in your SmartThings app.
- Now, head over to the Settings option and select the General option.
- Next, choose the System Manager option.
- Head over to Usage Mode and type the PIN if asked. By default, the pin is 0000.
- Finally, select Home Mode and your TV should be out of Demo mode.
However, if the above steps don’t work for your TV model, do the following:
- Tap on the Home option and head over to the Settings option using the SmartThings app.
- Now, tap on the Support option.
- Next, scroll down to the Usage Mode or Use Mode option.
- Afterward, select Home Use and tap on the OK option.
- Finally, the Demo mode will be turned off on your TV.
Note: Make sure your TV and phone are connected to the same internet connection.
How do I reset my Samsung Smart TV without a remote?
If your Samsung TV is still stuck on the Demo mode, reset it without a remote in the following way:
Use TV keys/button
You can reset your TV using the buttons by following the steps below:
- Turn on your TV and wait for 30 seconds.
- Now, press the Power button for 15 seconds.
- Your Samsung TV will start the reset process.
- Once the process is completed, check your TV and see if the demo mode is still on.
Use SmartThings app
- Turn on your TV and pair it with the SmartThings app.
- On the remote interface of the app, tap on the Home or Menu option.
- Now, head over to the Settings menu and select the General option.
- Under the General menu, choose Reset and tap on OK.
- Enter the TV PIN, which is 0000 by default.
- Next, select the Reset option again and your TV will start the factory reset process.
- Finally, your TV should be out of the retail mode, and you can start programming your Samsung TV.
Note: If the above procedure does not match your TV settings, go to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset > enter the PIN, and select the Reset option again to start the factory reset process.
This article provides a step-by-step guide on how you can turn off demo mode Samsung TV without a remote. We hope you can get your TV up and running in home mode and enjoy watching the shows with the steps outlined above.
However, if you are still having issues, get in touch with Samsung support to get further help.