After an exhausting work week, you probably want to settle down and watch a show. And if your Sky TV is not working, then there is a problem. Millions of people use Sky TV, but it faces constant outages stemming from numerous issues. However, fixing them is relatively easy. Anyone can follow the easy instructions to resolve their issues.
There can be several reasons why your Sky TV doesn’t connect. We will be covering all of the major issues that users face while watching their favorite shows on Sky TV. Let’s understand how we can fix them immediately.
Why is my Sky TV not working?
You may do a few basic tests to figure out what’s causing the issue. You need to follow some simple techniques before trying the main fixing steps.
- Unplug all the cables
- Plug back in after 2 minutes
- Check your Sky Tv to see if the issue persists.
- If this simple technique doesn’t work for you, follow the solutions mentioned below.
You may perform a simple reboot on your Skybox. Follow these steps to fix the issue:
- Disconnect the SkyBox from the mains and repeat for all connected devices (this may include your internet router).
- Check to see if the lights on your box have gone out; this is a sign that the box isn’t getting any power.
- Now you may give a few minutes for the box to cool before turning it back on at the mains. The light on your Sky Box will turn green, and the Sky Welcome channel will display on screen if the reboot was successful.
Update the software on your box
If the Skybox rebooting doesn’t work, you may try to update the software by using these steps:
- You need to press the standby button on your remote and turn off the box.
- Once the box is turned off, then press and hold the button to turn on your box.
- While switching back on at the mains, keep holding the backup button.
- You may keep holding the backup button for up to 30 seconds until you notice that all four lights will appear in front of the panel and then release.
Note: If the lights do not appear, you may need an engineer to get your box fixed. Continue to the following steps if the lights appear.
Your box should now be in download mode, which can take anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes. When your box is in download mode, please don’t turn it off or try to watch TV. When you turn on your TV, you may notice an on-screen warning that says “Updating System Software.”
The Skybox will go into standby mode after the download is complete. Wait for three minutes. Then, press sky to turn your box back on your remote.
Check your Sky Remote
The batteries in your Sky remote may need to be replaced if the signal strength isn’t strong enough. If you’ve reset the box but still have issues, the problem may be with your remote.
Check the Weather
If your Sky TV isn’t working because of severe weather, it’s because the satellite signal on your TV is being affected by wind, rain, or other factors. Wait for the inclement weather to dissipate. Meanwhile, you may watch your favorite shows on Sky Go or on-demand, as well as any recordings you’ve saved to your Planner.
Audio/video loading problem with Sky TV.
If you have an issue hearing, turn up the volume on your Sky TV. Use headphones to determine whether the problem is with your speakers or the app. Check your internet speed and wireless connectivity if you have trouble loading videos.
Sky TV app Notifications are not working correctly.
Check if notifications are enabled or not in Apps> Sky TV> Notifications. Please enable it if it isn’t already. If you’re not getting notification alert sounds, double-check that you haven’t mistakenly muted the app notification sounds.
The Sky TV App Won’t Load at All
Android and iOS users most commonly encounter this problem when they either have a problem with their cache or their App is corrupted. Here’s how you can fix it:
- Restart your phone to free up memory.
- If your problem persists, try deleting the Sky TV app and reinstalling it by going to the App Store.
- Launch the newly installed Sky TV app. Your issue should be resolved as a clean install will clear all bugs and errors in the App.
- From the Settings App, clear the Sky TV app’s cache and data to get rid of all the errors or corrupt data.
- If removing/ clearing the cache and data does not do the job, the only solution left is to uninstall the application and reconfiguration it from the Play Store.
Sky TV App installation issues
If you’re facing problems while installation, follow these steps:
- Check whether your Wi-Fi or Mobile Data is working correctly. If not, then try rebooting your device.
- There may be a possibility that your device does not have ample storage space to install the App. Clear unwanted data or photos from your phone to make space for the Sky TV App.
- Newer versions of Sky TV apps run on more recent versions of android and iOS. Therefore, make your device supports the latest software and is updated.
Sky TV App is not updating.
The Sky TV App updating error is rare; however, if you still face the issue, here’s how you can fix it:
- Eure that your Wi-Fi or Mobile Data is working correctly. The App will not update if you have internet problems. Reboot your device to restore internet connectivity.
- Also, confirm that you have enough storage to install the App. If there is insufficient storage space, the Sky TV App will not update. Consider deleting unwanted Apps and photos from your mobile to free up some space.
Sky TV login issue
Sometimes, users face unable to log in to Sky Tv. This can be frustrating, but there is a workaround if you follow these steps:
- Firstly, check your internet connection. There may be a chance that your Wi-Fi or Mobile Data is not working correctly.
- There may be a possibility that you’re trying to log in with the wrong credentials. Retry by confirming that you’re entering the correct login details.
- When using third-party networks to log in to your Sky Tv account, ensure that the network you are using is not facing any technical difficulty.
- If all the listed fixes do not work for you, there may be a chance that the Sky TV servers are facing technical challenges. Therefore, you should wait for 10 to 15 minutes before you retry again.
Sky TV is not connecting to the Internet
When you get this error, it means that your Sky TV is connected to your Wi-Fi device but not to the internet. It usually happens due to DNS fluctuations. Follow these steps to fix this error:
- Restart your router and Sky TV device to see if the error is resolved.
- If the issue persists, there can be a possibility that your Sky TV is partially connected to the internet. From the settings menu, reconnect to your internet connection.
- Try connecting to another internet connection or using your Mobile Data to confirm no other issues with your Sky TV.
Sky TV not working on Xbox One.
Numerous Sky TV users find it convenient to use their gaming consoles as a streaming device for casually watching their shows. Xbox One is among their favorites, but sometimes the App may not work. Here is how you can fix this:
- First, you need to check if your Xbox One is connected to the internet or not. You also want to check your NAT Type. If it is strict, you need to contact your internet service provider.
- Whether your internet connection is working correctly, there may be a problem with your Sky TV App. Try killing the app and relaunching it from all Apps.
- In case the problem persists, the only option is to uninstall the app, reboot the console, and then reinstall the Sky TV app.
Is your Sky TV service down?
Whether there are any service outages in your area, you can check the Service Status page. Sign in with your Sky iD to access all of your required information. If you do find that the service is down for other users as well, don’t panic. Sky engineers are probably working hard to fix the issue as soon as possible.
How do I fix Sky TV no signal?
If your Sky box says “no input” or “no signal,” there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot it.
- Ensure that the green light On that indicates the SkyBox is switched on. If it’s light orange or red, you need to turn it on by pressing the Sky on your remote.
- Whether there are no lights on the Skybox, you need to check it’s plugged in.
- Check all the wires are connected to its ports and select the appropriate one.
Note: If the HDMI connection from your Sky box is plugged into HDMI1 on your TV, you’ll need to pick HDMI1.
If your Sky box still says “no signal,” try attaching another device such as a Chromecast, DVD/Blu-ray player, or Apple TV. Connect the HDMI/SCART cable from the back of your Sky box to the new device. Proceed to the following step if you can see a picture.
Re-insert the HDMI/SCART cable into your Sky box after disconnecting it from your new device. Ensure the other end of the cable is firmly inserted into the TV’s socket.
If your TV has more than one HDMI/SCART port, detach the one you’re currently using and plug it into another. Change the input until the new channel appears. If this doesn’t work and you still don’t get a signal, restart your box using the above-mentioned method.
Why is my Sky TV saying no satellite signal?
Check that your TV is set up with the correct Source or Input. Try setting it to AV, TV, Digital TV, or DTV If you haven’t already set it up. If your “No Signal” notice isn’t triggered by selecting the wrong Source or Input, it’s most likely due to a set-up or antenna issue. The majority of the time, pixelating visuals (“blocks on the screen”) or the occasional “No Signal” warning are signs of reception problems.
Why is the Sky TV signal breaking up?
Whether you’re having problems with Sky TV picture break up, freezing, pixelation, or ‘no satellite signal‘ on some or all channels after heavy rain. In that case, the Sky mini-dish is likely out of alignment, resulting in poor signal quality. You can use these troubleshooting methods, which can help you to get rid of these kinds of issues:
- First, diagnose a faulty LNB by using a simple technique such as realigning it to the center point of the dish. (You can find the LNB at the end of the dish arms)
- Check if the coaxial cable is damaged. If yes, change the cable or fix it by adding the joint.
- Sky Digital signal loss during a thunderstorm because there are no satellite signals in the extreme weather, and it may miss place to its angle.
- Try improving Sky reception in bad weather by using the 60cm Sky dish to give a high-quality result.
- If you see nothing works, then updating or changing your Sky dish LNB, make sure you get the right one for your mini-dish manufacturer or confirm that universal LNB arm adaptors are included to fit all Sky dish types.
If you’re a new customer or an existing Sky TV customer, you know that they provide outstanding service for its users, but sometimes Sky Tv will not work because of some minor issues. We try to spot all the problems that prevent it from working. Moreover, don’t panic when Sky TV is not working because many other users face the same issues, so try every solution step by step to resolve the problem. Good luck!