TikTok not letting me like videos is a common complaint amongst people who spend a lot of time on the app.
Typically, this problem is accompanied by a message from the platform saying: ‘You’re tapping too fast. Take a break.’
However, this isn’t always the case. Sometimes, it just stops you from liking videos without giving an explanation.
So, why does it happen and what can you do to fix it? Here are some solutions.
Why Is TikTok Not Letting You Like Videos?
TikTok blocks people from liking videos when its algorithm flags an account to be violating its terms and conditions.
The terms and conditions stop people from soliciting the affections of a minor or bullying others.
Additionally, TikTok also specifically tries to weed out automated accounts that have been created only to download questionable/adult content or sell likes.
While flouting any of these conditions can cause a like-ban, most people are stopped from liking videos because they’ve been doing it too much.
So, if you’ve been liking videos without watching them completely, then that could be the reason why TikTok is not allowing you to do it anymore.
In such a case, you’ll get the tapping too fast message. Fortunately, the solution is simple.
Turn Off the App and Wait
TikTok can lift the like-ban within 30 minutes or leave it in place for multiple days.
New accounts tend to get longer bans than those that have been around for a while.
Therefore, unless the like-ban was due to a serious offence, the ban will be lifted fairly quickly.
To help it along, you just need to close the app and wait for some time. While normal closing the app will work, force closing it can help even more.
Here’s how to do this.
- Navigate to Settings on your phone.
- Select Apps & Notifications or the equivalent heading.
- Choose TikTok and then select Force Close.
Clear App Data and Cache
Clearing app data and cache will also allow the app to reset on your device. This can help remove the ban, provided it wasn’t caused by a serious offence.
- Go to Settings on your phone.
- Find Apps & Notifications or equivalent option.
- Choose TikTok to open the next set of menu options.
- Select Clear Data and Clear Cache inside the Storage heading.
You can also clear cache from inside the TikTok app. Here are the steps.
- Open the app.
- Select Me at the bottom right of your home screen to go to your profile.
- On the top right of your profile, you’ll see the menu (three dots) button.
- After selecting it, find and click the heading Free Up Space.
- Next to Cache, you’ll find the Clear button in this new menu.
- After you click this button, you’ll see the storage number go down to 0.0 MB. It means that you’ve cleared the cache successfully.
Why Is My TikTok Camera Quality Bad? 5 Solutions To Help
Re-Install the App
Another way of removing temporary bans is to re-install the app. There are two ways of doing this.
- Inside Settings, select Apps & Notifications.
- Touch the heading TikTok.
- Select Uninstall.
From Google Play Store or Apple App Store
- Find the Play Store or App Store on your phone.
- Search for TikTok.
- Select Uninstall.
- To re-install, select Install.
Report The Problem to Support
If your like-ban has not been lifted even after a few days have elapsed, you will need to contact the TikTok support team.
- Navigate to the home page on the TikTok app.
- Select Me at the bottom right of your screen to reach your profile.
- Touch the dropdown Menu (three dots) on the top right of your profile.
- Select Settings & Privacy and then Report a Problem.
- This will open an empty field where you should write down your problem in your own words. There’s no fixed tone, style, or length you need to target but being polite will help. If you think images and screenshots will help your case, add those too.
- Once you’ve written your concern, simply click Report, and someone from TikTok should get back to you with either an explanation or a resolution.
If TikTok is not letting you like videos or follow other accounts and you haven’t made an offensive mistake, then the problem will usually resolve itself.
Even if it was an innocent mistake that has been misinterpreted, it should be easy enough to get the decision overturned with the help of customer support.
Leave a comment